Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,324   Online: 993

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Which likely will also need servicing.
    That's a good point, never thought about it that way. Although I'm under the impression that some of the more serious resellers will actually stand by their claim that the shutter has been tested.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    That's a good point, never thought about it that way. Although I'm under the impression that some of the more serious resellers will actually stand by their claim that the shutter has been tested.
    It may have been tested and passed the test. Inside, at room temperature, once. Very often though that test is done by ear.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Which likely will also need servicing.
    yep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may have been tested and passed the test. Inside, at room temperature, once. Very often though that test is done by ear.
    This is so true! After a couple months of haunting hellbay I've only seen one shutter ever that had actual timing numbers and properly calculated error %percentages, even from those that claim a recent CLA; it's like all the rest copy+paste the "shutter sounds great at all speeds!" script for the descriptions

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiithulhu View Post
    This is so true! After a couple months of haunting hellbay I've only seen one shutter ever that had actual timing numbers and properly calculated error %percentages, even from those that claim a recent CLA; it's like all the rest copy+paste the "shutter sounds great at all speeds!" script for the descriptions
    Yes, anyone who claims a recent CLA should have the paperwork as proof or it's baloney.
    Personally I not only assume that anything I buy (I use mainly pre-1970 gear) will need anything from a thorough CLA to a complete overhaul. In fact I sometimes actively seek items that are not functioning, this way I'm able to get something I could not otherwise afford. I service all my equipment myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin