Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,289   Online: 837

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Seeking to correspond with someone who has replaced Horseman 45FA bellows

Hello all,

The bellows on my Horseman 45FA bellows are a bit tatty and I have purchased a replacement set on eBay. Before I get the screwdrivers out I would like to talk to someone who has done it already.

Grateful if anyone who fits this description could respond with a guide.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, no replies so far. Can anyone help me acquire a repair manual for the Horseman 45FA?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How is that replacement bellows? Does it have the tiny pleats like the original? I want to replace mine at some time, mostly for cosmetic reasons. My bellows is light tight but the previous owner permanently damaged some of the pleats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi ic-racer. The replacement bellows look very similar to the original (with tiny pleats). My reason for replacing the original is damaged pleats also - but not just cosmetic. The pleats bow in on one side and unless I remember to remove the back and push them out with my fingers I get some vignetting.

However I cannot give a definitive answer as I have not yet replaced them. Still hoping someone out there in internet land can assist.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just do the job and use your good sense. You'll do alright.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Just do the job and use your good sense. You'll do alright.
    Looks like I might have to. However when I do I will post my experiences here. I can't be the only person in the world with a 45FA who wants to change the bellows!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Seeking to correspond with someone who has replaced Horseman 45FA bellows

You might have some luck asking on the large format photography forum as well. When i was looking for info on my 4x5 there wasnt any either, my guess is that there arent that many shooters vs 35mm so info is sparse, and even less info on repairs online.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Newt_on_Swings. I have posted a question there as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I saw your post on LF forum. Everybody isn't looking at these site at all times. Give it a little time here and there.
    You may want to "bump" it also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Generally looking at other technical camera bellows replacements, its really just getting them off the camera(the manual should have info on swapping bellows such as when using a bag type) and placing a new set in. If the new set doesnt have the mounting hardware at either end of the bellows youd have to cut it off the old set and attach it onto the new bellows. I have seen a few videos online that outline this process, though not specifically for your camera. Id suggest you watch a few for tips on adhering the components together and materials required before you start. Also recording images as you go along helps when backtracking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin