Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,572   Online: 796

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flutot's Camera Repair has a Links page that lists a number of workshops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim Galli in Tonopah Ut may also have something .
    There's alway something going on . Usually when I'm NOT looking for it. Then nuthin'

You may find something here too.

http://www.midwestlargeformat.com/
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last I checked... Tonapah is in Nevada.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I did a large format workshop with Jamie Wilson in New Brunswick in which I learned quite a bit, but I don't think that he offers those any more.

I have also done Bruce Barnbaum's 'Complete Photographic Process' workshop which has a little bit of everything in it. I took the workshop primarily to learn better darkroom skills - and I did get that, but there was also quite a bit of discussion on every aspect of photography from setting up the camera, composition, calculating exposure, processing negatives and printing. It is a week long workshop in his home/studio outside of Seattle, WA. There are field trips to shoot where you get one on one help from Bruce. I would highly recommend Bruce's workshops, but warn you against his sense of humor - if you can't handle bad jokes............

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Last I checked... Tonapah is in Nevada.
    oops!
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    Michael Gordon is located in California and he does a variety of workshops and is sponsored by Chamonix View Cameras as I recall.

Michael Gordon Workshops

I took Michael's workshop in Joshua Tree NP 2 years ago, excellent. I think he has one coming in in a month or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I was on Michael's workshop in Death Valley we were all eating dinner in the restaurant across from the RV park in Stovepipe Wells when a thunderous explosion rocked the place. I looked out the window and saw a huge fireball from an RV that had caught fire from the driver who was renting it riding the breaks all the way in.

Thankfully no one got hurt and the charred wreckage was still there the next morning...so we shot it, it was pretty funny, he is a good teacher with lots of energy and patience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW, that RV thing looks pretty scary. I think the restaurant / bar burned up there a couple years ago too. Not sure if it's reopened by now, but it sounds like Stove Pipe Wells area might not be a good place to strike any matches......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    WOW, that RV thing looks pretty scary. I think the restaurant / bar burned up there a couple years ago too. Not sure if it's reopened by now, but it sounds like Stove Pipe Wells area might not be a good place to strike any matches......
    I was there in November of 2012, it was fine. These things happen, it's a fantastic place to hold a workshop and a great time to visit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was there in November of 2012, it was fine. These things happen, it's a fantastic place to hold a workshop and a great time to visit.
    Good to hear things are OK again after the Saloon fire they had. I totally agree about the location and time of year to go there too. I've been to that location many times now. Wonderful area for photography.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin