Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,373   Online: 1016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Need info on Large format workshops

Hi friends,

I am looking for an opportunity to learn large format photography and get started in large format photography. Mainly looking forward to landscapes.
    Have some experience with medium formats and 35mm but large format is what I wanna aim for and development of my own.

So, request you to let me know if you are aware of anyone teaching large format art and the development of the negatives.

Regards,
    Abhishek

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello Abhishek and welcome to APUG.

I hear about large format workshops out in the western states like California but there is nothing here in St. Louis. The camera clubs here are mostly filled with digital shooters. I don't know what Minneapolis is like.

There are some Community Colleges that still teach film and large format. You might check that out.

APUG is great but there is another forum that you might be interested in also. It's called Large Format Photography Forum. It's all about large format photography of course. Check it out and click on the Home Page for a wealth of free information. Quite a few of us APUG members belong there also (me included).

Also google Ken Lee photography. Besides Ken's beautiful photography, he has a tech page that you may find very useful. Ken is a moderator on Large Format Photography forum and a great guy.

This should be enough to get you started.

Alan

Shooter
    Large Format
    YouTube has a lot of videos on large format photography. Stuff like how to load film holders, developing film, how to use movements on a view camera, etc.

Watching video can really help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard Ritter and Bruce Barlow hold various workshops, mostly in New England;
    http://www.finefocusworkshops.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Hello Abhishek and welcome to APUG.

I hear about large format workshops out in the western states like California but there is nothing here in St. Louis. The camera clubs here are mostly filled with digital shooters. I don't know what Minneapolis is like.

There are some Community Colleges that still teach film and large format. You might check that out.

APUG is great but there is another forum that you might be interested in also. It's called Large Format Photography Forum. It's all about large format photography of course. Check it out and click on the Home Page for a wealth of free information. Quite a few of us APUG members belong there also (me included).

Also google Ken Lee photography. Besides Ken's beautiful photography, he has a tech page that you may find very useful. Ken is a moderator on Large Format Photography forum and a great guy.

This should be enough to get you started.

Alan
    A link to the Large Format Photography Forum: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael Gordon is located in California and he does a variety of workshops and is sponsored by Chamonix View Cameras as I recall.

Michael Gordon Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    Michael Gordon is located in California and he does a variety of workshops and is sponsored by Chamonix View Cameras as I recall.

Michael Gordon Workshops
    +1, Michael is great, I took an intro to LF workshop with him in 2012 and it was great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hook up with your local APUGS on shooting outings and you will get all the OJT you can stand.
    Maybe start here.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum141/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I will be teaching an intro to Large Format class in the spring, here in Washington DC, but it is not a one-weekend workshop so it might not be a good fit for you. I'd be willing to run a version of the course as a workshop if you were interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For local/regional, you might try the bulletin board at West Photo in the spring (or call them). Also, Minneapolis Photo Center might have some info/leads. I've never seen anything specific to LF from the local community ed type resources. My fear is that most local workshops will be geared toward digital.

I don't know specifically what you're looking for, but I would assume there would be some demand for a workshop that focused on the elements specific to LF sheet film (camera movements, workflow, development and printing) for those already familiar with roll film.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin