Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,022   Online: 795

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Question for Owners of Ansco 8x10 View Cameras

Attached are two photos of the back end of an Ansco 8x10 view camera. Could someone let me know if the knob in the red rectangle is intended to act merely as a 'brake' on the sliding truck or is it intended to act as a lock? Mine acts only as a brake or damper but I would be curious to know if this is correct!

Best,
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4686.jpg   DSCF4687.jpg  
    Last edited by jon koss; 01-24-2014 at 11:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    What's the difference between a brake and a lock? Never seen one in my life. Looks like a nice camera. A brake IS a lock Probably works by simply warping the track locally. It's a lock. (or a brake)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine tightens enough to lock movement.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Richard. Mine does not come close to that. Jes' plain wore out it seems! I will have a think on how to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    Mine tightens enough to lock movement.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Post a picture of the bottom side of the knob and rails similar to photo 2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got mine a couple of months ago to rebuild. I just took a good look at the screw and it pushes against a metal strip which clamps the movable rack assembly. I can see where the wood on the rack assembly has compressed over the years. there is a collar under the knob where the threaded rod is pinned to the knob. The bottom of the collar now rubs on the camera body so it will not tighten properly. I substituted a machine screw for the original piece and it clamps very easily. A really fast easy fix would be to put a ball bearing or short metal rod under the knob/screw; or use a size 10 32 NF screw as a replacement.
    A picture would not show much as the plate is hidden in the wood frame.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It should lock the rear extension.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ansco 10 x 8 back required

Jon

I do not have a 10 x 8 back for my camera, I do have a 10 x 8 to 5 x 4 (yes I am in the UK!) back. Does anyone have a spare, drawings or photos that may help me construct /acquire one?

Russ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhb12 View Post
    Jon

I do not have a 10 x 8 back for my camera, I do have a 10 x 8 to 5 x 4 (yes I am in the UK!) back. Does anyone have a spare, drawings or photos that may help me construct /acquire one?

Russ
    There are 2 8x10 wooden camera backs in the classifieds, they are probably adaptable.

I have a 5x7 which came to me with only a 4x5 back, and later found a 5x7 back for it, but it needed some adjustments to fit my camera, even though it was from the same maker. I'll wager that it's a normal situation for the old wood cameras that may have been more or less built by hand.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    THE WONDERFUL LONG PHOTO CERTIFIES THE NEED FOR A PANORAMIC CAMERA, SEE?
    LOGAN
    Last edited by whlogan; 01-25-2014 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: POOR SPELLING (SEE NORTH DALLAS HIGH SCHOOL (CIRCA 1950-1954)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin