Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,454   Online: 953

Thread: EXPOSURE RECORD

Shooter
    4x5 Format

EXPOSURE RECORD

This is a print out sheet for recording of exposures and large format cameras
    Just print out and use a 3 ring binder

Dave
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for sharing. I did notice a little thing though (typo), "Setting" is spelled "Stetting".

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I fail to appreciate what use such recording of data may serve. And even the cat in our house is OCD.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    very good,but I find it easier to use a small recorder and speak the data onto it.that is less interuption during the creative process.if needed, I record the data later in writing.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    Thanks Dave

I do something similar - I use the attached file and print on card stock, then cut into 3, 3x5 cards.

I record the information for the exposure, and the layout helps to walk through calculation of the proper exposure taking into account bellows factor, filter etc.

I expose both sides of the film holder the same way, and then slip the 3x5 card into the lip of the film holder - this is my note that the holder contains exposed film rather than being empty.

I develop one of the sheets of film and inspect it, depending on what it looks like, I develop the second exposure either the same, or differently from the first.

I then put the two negatives, the card, and a contact print in a 4x printfile negative holder.

When/If I print the image, I make notes about how to print it on the back of the card.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I fail to appreciate what use such recording of data may serve. And even the cat in our house is OCD.
    I record the exposure, lighting, and metering details for every sheet of film I expose. I may need to alter the development, also if I don't like my results a record is very useful in sorting out why. You may wish to look at the price of LF film, add that to the time and effort of transporting and setting up the camera and you should see that even though you can't see any value in it, spending pennies per exposure and able to make many exposures per minute as you do, we do see value in it, as we are spending several dollars and sometimes many minutes per exposure and going to a good deal of trouble to do so. The term is not "obsessive - compulsive disorder" but "meticulous".

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ive used a custom made 3x5 card in the past.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj7jrzluos...cord%203x5.pdf

However since the recent update of the Reciprocity Timer iOS app I may just use that now. Ive used the app for a long time to calculate my exposure but the update lets you save all that info into a note where you can add additional info and even a photo that you can mark with where you metered for the zone system.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here is Using Avery labels for Exposure record
    Attached Files

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin