Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,038   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info, Ian. What's in a name, after all? At least De Vere owners can take pride in the fact that they own probably the most bombproof monorail camera ever built!

Shooter
    Large Format

Devere ID

there are 3 distinct types of clamp/rail for Deveres' the straight 1" square,the hexagonal type and a more triangular version--quite a few Deveres seem to have holes drilled through the rail to mount them rather roughly--there probably strong enough to just be G clamped.
    I have an old sales catalogue describing the pre Devon type camera with squarerail as 'De Vere Multipurpose camera mk.11'.I stand to be corrected but I think the De Vere Devon was the one with the extra tilt function on the standards --very similar to cambos of the same period.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ascc
    I stand to be corrected but I think the De Vere Devon was the one with the extra tilt function on the standards --very similar to cambos of the same period.
    Now that you mention it, I seem to recall that the Devon I used 35 years ago did have on-axis front tilt - but it has been a long time!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format

Devere Monorails

If anyone is interested, I had a quick discussion with Odyssey sales, and found out the following info on devere monorails.

hexagonal rail were the earlier models, early to mid 60's,
    square rail was from mid 60's to 76/77.
    Devon made between 72-76/77 Named after new factory built in devon.

The biggest production problem was obtaining extras, lens shades and the like. All models were successful, only stopped production due to the merger with Cambo in 76/77, Devere then concentrated on enlargers.

Does anyone out there use a 8 x10 De vere?

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin