Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,881   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Augied View Post
    True, it's possible, but it's a pain. Especially if you want to store the camera folded up, as I doubt it will close with that lens installed. Just something to be aware of before you spend money.
    Augied: You say that this process is a pain, but I'm uncertain why. I get that the board needs to be removed because the camera won't close with the lens attached, but is there any reason to remove the lens from the board when doing so, which would indeed be a pain?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobalobo View Post
    Augied: You say that this process is a pain, but I'm uncertain why. I get that the board needs to be removed because the camera won't close with the lens attached, but is there any reason to remove the lens from the board when doing so, which would indeed be a pain?
    The lens would need to be removed from the board if the rear section is too large to fit through the front standard. I don't know if this is true for your lens, but it is a possibility with some fast wide angle lenses (such as Dan's 35/4.5)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Augied: Thanks, I see now that this is what the original post meant as well. But now I'm lost on the mechanics of it. I'll examine the camera. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 75mm f5.6 SA is a smaller lens than the 90mm f5.6 SA, I don't have the diameter of the 75mm's rear cell to hand but they are smaller than the front cells. A comparison the 90mm f5.6 SA has a filter thread of 82mm while the 75mm f.6 SA is only 67mm filter thread.

The 90mm f5.6 SA rear cell just fits with a few mm to spare so there will be plenty of room fitting the rear cell of a 75mm f5.6 SA.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin