Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 689

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    You did not specify LF only. Hasselblad has the ArcBody and the FlexBody for 120 film. Nikon and others have perspective correcting lenses for 35mm film.
    I am aware of the tilt/shift PC lenses for 35mm. Given my budget, they are prohibitively expensive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The FUji GX680 can be had fairly cheaply used and has superb lenses (also not bad) movments, and a great 6X8 format...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    The FUji GX680 can be had fairly cheaply used and has superb lenses (also not bad) movments, and a great 6X8 format...
    Actually, for what they are, GX680s are ridiculously cheap, and Fujinon lenses are generally excellent.
    I suppose they just never sold well because anyone wanting that level of control with that bulk just went for 4x5 with a rollback adapter?
    Lenses for under $100, bodies for $100-150, just make sure there's a battery holder in there because they look to go for $150 separately.
    Full kits for $300-400. Look for a guy on fleabay called 'astrosmith22', he sells a lot of GX stuff. I've bought a lot of Toyo stuff from him, he packs well and ships fast and it's mostly near new.

The other option for TS on 35mm, without going to the ridiculous prices of Canon's (even the RokiBowYang TS ain't exactly cheap) are Pentacon Six lenses on adapters.
    The widest you get are 50mm Zeiss (sharp, $100-150), 45mm Soviet (hit and miss, $50-100), or 30mm fisheye ($100-200) and you can get a tilt OR shift adapter for $100 (mostly arax/arsat).
    There are a few tilt AND shift adapters for $350-400 (arax/arsat, zörk, mirex). But when I started using them on my digital I only bothered for a while, then gave up and bought a P6, I can always crop the film...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin