Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,662   Online: 884

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not just flip the retaining ring, center it and mount it in the Copal #0 hole? I've done it that way and it seemed OK. Am I missing some problem here? Maybe a light leak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That actualy works just fine.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "Yes just buy a Pacemaker #0 board, a Dremel will work OK but a curved file works just as well and doesn't take long at all to open up 2mm,"

Thanks. And it occurs to me that I can use the board the lens comes on as a guide, clamping it to the Copal #0, and just filing to match.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I must be missing something... what's so wrong with (or antiquated about) supermatic and the wollensak rapax shutters?
    nothing at all really. They're just not as nice as the compur shutters....well, that and their screw threads and hole sizes do not follow the same standard as the Copal/Compur/Prontor.

I have several Rapax/Graphex shutters and have had a couple of the flash supermatics...they all seem to get the job done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobalobo View Post
    Although I appreciate all the information, and with apologies if I've missed it or misunderstood, I'm still not sure where to find the board I need. I see lots of Pacemaker sheet metal boards, but none for the Supermatic shutter. Will buying a sheet metal Pacemaker Board for a Copal 0 shutter and applying a Dremel to sound out 3mm work, or will this likely just ruing the board? Thanks.
    You haven't told us what format camera that you have. Pacemakers in 4x5 use one size lens board, Pacemakers in 3 1/4x4 1/4 use another size board, and 2 1/4x 3 1/4 needs a third size lens board. All of these different sizes can come with different size holes, or with no hole at all.
    Last edited by mopar_guy; 02-27-2014 at 01:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/ has 4- 4x5 pacemaker lens boards with a 35mm hole, 5- 4x5 pacemaker lens boards with a 36mm hole, 1- 4x5 pacemaker lens board with a 43mm hole, 1 3x4 pacemaker lens board with a 35mm hole and 1 with a 44mm hole, 1- 2x3 pacemaker lens board with a 35mm hole and 1 with a 43mm hole all of which a #2 Supermatic shutter could easily be mounted in with little or no modification.
    It took longer to type this than to find them.

http://www.keh.com/
    http://mpex.com/
    http://www.collectiblecameras.com/
    http://www.adorama.com/
    all have Graflex/Graphic cameras and accessories (used).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfinger View Post
    http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/ has 4- 4x5 pacemaker lens boards with a 35mm hole, 5- 4x5 pacemaker lens boards with a 36mm hole, 1- 4x5 pacemaker lens board with a 43mm hole, 1 3x4 pacemaker lens board with a 35mm hole and 1 with a 44mm hole, 1- 2x3 pacemaker lens board with a 35mm hole and 1 with a 43mm hole all of which a #2 Supermatic shutter could easily be mounted in with little or no modification.
    It took longer to type this than to find them.
    Well I found all those sizes too, and maybe just as quickly, but what I need, I believe, is a 38.1 mm hole, and I was under the impression that this isn't horse shoes. But thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    Why not just flip the retaining ring, center it and mount it in the Copal #0 hole? I've done it that way and it seemed OK. Am I missing some problem here? Maybe a light leak.
    Well, I'll certainly try that before filing. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobalobo View Post
    Well, I'll certainly try that before filing. Thanks.
    It definitely works, I have a 127m Ektar in a Supermatic sat on a #0 lens board for my Wista.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Retainer rings with a flat edge should have the flat edge of the nut against the lens board with the with the shoulder toward the film plane protecting shutter threads. Positioning it with the shoulder facing the shutter often requires a spacer to be made to fill the gap between the flat edge of the retainer and the lens board.
    Some retainer rings have a rounded flange. This type have a very short shoulder that is less than most if not all lens boards thickness. This type has the flange end toward the film plane as standard installation.
    Lens boards for Graphics are not that hard to make from acrylic or plywood. Wood boards can be made with a mount hole the size of the shutter barrel so that the retainer threads screw into the unthreaded wood which is moistened so that the wood is soft making the threads easy to start into the wood which will dry tight against the threads.

Card stock, tape, and glue have been used to retain shutters also but I do not recommend them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin