Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,849   Online: 945

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    Why not just flip the retaining ring, center it and mount it in the Copal #0 hole? I've done it that way and it seemed OK. Am I missing some problem here? Maybe a light leak.
    This works fine for most applications, but can result in the shutter threads being damaged if they rub/scrape against the edge of a metal lensboard or if the lens is dropped, etc. The idea of the original mounting was to protect the threads with the shoulder of the retaining ring. If the #0 hole can be filed or sanded a bit to allow the retaining ring to be mounted this way (usually easy with most boards), then that would be a better mount.

If not, "down-and-dirty" works just fine 99% of the time.

Best,

Doremus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    This works fine for most applications, but can result in the shutter threads being damaged if they rub/scrape against the edge of a metal lensboard or if the lens is dropped, etc. The idea of the original mounting was to protect the threads with the shoulder of the retaining ring. If the #0 hole can be filed or sanded a bit to allow the retaining ring to be mounted this way (usually easy with most boards), then that would be a better mount.

If not, "down-and-dirty" works just fine 99% of the time.

Best,

Doremus
    Thanks for mentioning this. I'll get a metal file, clamp the board the lens that comes with the lens to a Copal #0 board then file to match. Thanks to all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin