Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,294   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Raptar uses Series filters. I do not know about the Tominon.
    Series filter system has several slip on adapters that the filter goes into. Measure the outside diameter of the front lens barrel then use the info in this thread, www.graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=3324 , to find which size and adapter you need. See the post by pv17vv near the end of the thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ley View Post
    I also have a Tominon 105 f:4.5 lens but it is mounted in a Copal/Polaroid Press shutter. I don't like using the press shutters as you have to change the shutter speed to B in order to focus.

I suspect that this lens (the Tominon) is a pretty good performer and I believe that it will just hit the corners on 4x5...haven't really used it that much.
    If anyone has any info on this lens, please pass it on.
    The 105/4.5 Tominon in Polaroid Copal Press #1 was mostly sold for Polaroid's CU-5 Gel Cam. It is supposed to be designed for closeup photography. If so, it won't be that good at distance.

I've never had one so can't say anything about it. Should easily cover 2x3 at distance, though.

Re having to set press shutters to B or T to focus, this depends on the shutter. Some Copal #0 and #1 press shutters have open shutter levers, some Prontor Press #1s have cable release sockets for open shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 101mm Optar on my Horseman VH. The lens takes a push-on series VI adapter which has a filter thread of 44 mm; I then use a 44-49 step-up ring so I can standardise on 49 mm filters.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Barry,
    Any idea where I might be able to pickup one of these adapters? Or a series adapter to standard filter size adapter. I had a Kodak 135mm Wide field Ektar and it had a series VII front thread. I found a series VII to 49mm adapter that worked very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    these adapters are usually easy to find on eBay. just make sure you get the right one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Yes, a slip on adapter is needed. Your cable release problem is related to the depth to which the plunger will reach. It sounds like your is very short, as a standard one should work OK.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    the cable release problem is due to the shutter being dirty. the plunger of the cable release is going over the formed edge of the cable release lever or the formed edge is bent back.
    this shutter will self destruct if not serviced. i have fixed one or two that were run until they stopped. repair shops would have returned them as unrepairable. i charge extra $$$$ to fix such abused shutters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin