Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,047   Posts: 1,561,005   Online: 1042

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    Sinar F-series (not sure which F model, though). The lens/shutter alone could be worth hundreds, depending on condition.
    The original F's have the chrome and I think all of the later incarnations were all black. I'm no expert either though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I'd put it closer to $200, but yes, it's an F. I just bought an F from KEH for a bit less than $200, and they still have another one in inventory for $179.
    Really? I'm not doubting you but I am surprised.

They have been going on Ebay for right at $300.00. I parted out one myself a year or so a go. They are worth more as parts than together.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops, I missed a zero. Yeah, $200 is about right. Depending on the lens, which looks like a 135mm or 150mm, which should add a couple hundred more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc View Post
    Depending on the lens, which looks like a 135mm or 150mm, which should add a couple hundred more.
    If you tell us everything inscribed on the lens, you can expect meaningful comments as to its worth. Look thru the glass and report any "haze" or little black specks, etc. If you feel comfortable about trying the shutter operation, give it a whirl but don't force anything, and report any stickiness or sluggishness.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Are you a Troll, I have heard about them- $20 what nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by jcc View Post
    Too much?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I use this type of kit I would expect this to go higher not lower than $400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    On the other points: The type of photographer most likely to use this type of kit is also the type less likely to have the $4-500 to buy it, I think..., but then I combine the value structure of a cheapskate with the financial acumen of an art teacher (in other words, none at all). I believe the value, as I stated, is close to Jon's estimate, but artists, still life photographers, studio hobbyists, etc, are the market, and a real world sale depends greatly on where it is sold and even on what day. If the right person sees the kit, maybe the value will be realized, if not, I would expect it to sell at closer to $200. The other suggested users have many options for what format and what type of camera they carry around, and a monorail is not easy to deal with outside of a studio.

Just sayin'

Shooter
    35mm
    I am interested in the Beseler slide copier in the picture.

Shooter
    35mm

parts

An old camera is worth what you can get for it. At your local thrift shop, very little. On the Internet, quite a bit. If you parted it out, sold it bit by bit, it would fetch a lot of money. Looks first class to me and I think $300 is cheap. And I have a lot of $5 great but worthless olde cameras. J just bought a Kodak Jiffy folder for $5 and I love it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lens looks like a Symmar-S or something, it's new enough to be MC at least. If the shutter works and glass is clean, expect $100-150 just for that.
    I was looking for an LF camera last year, anything with Sinar on it went for $300 or more so I rapidly gave up on them and ended up with a Toyo.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The value depends on the location, it's worth far more if it's outside the US, or sold outside the US.

Ian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin