Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,680   Online: 1199

Shooter
    Multi Format

What is this? Extendable front standard thingy?

Any help identifying the camera this piece came from and what new use I might (easily) put it to would be greatly appreciated. Cant find any markings on it anywhere. Thanks : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extendable_Front_Standard-1.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-2.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-3.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-4.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-5.jpg  

Extendable_Front_Standard-6.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-7.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-8.jpg   Extendable_Front_Standard-9.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a variable length extension tube. Its rear plate attaches to the camera's front standard like a lens board, its front plate accepts a lens on a board. The variable length gives one more way to focus.

I can't be sure, but the little voice in the back of my mind keeps muttering that it was made for the Polaroid MP-3.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what new use I might (easily) put it to
    It would convert the apt LF lenses into focusable barrel versions to be mounted on a MF body by means of the apt adapter ring modification. Something for the mechanical inclined..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    It is a variable length extension tube. Its rear plate attaches to the camera's front standard like a lens board, its front plate accepts a lens on a board. The variable length gives one more way to focus.

I can't be sure, but the little voice in the back of my mind keeps muttering that it was made for the Polaroid MP-3.
    I agree with Dan and it could be very useful if you have a camera it fits, great for long FL lenses or maybe macro work - it's purpose if for Polaroid MP-3

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd tend to go with Ian i that it's an adapter for long lenses on a camera with a short bellows.

Did the Polaroid take what looks like a 4X4(ish) board?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I'd tend to go with Ian i that it's an adapter for long lenses on a camera with a short bellows.
    Nope, its for a Polaroid MP-3, a specialized copy/macro camera. And its for use with relatively short lenses. Go here http://www.butkus.org/chinon/polaroid.htm and click on Polaroid lenses for MP-3 to see Tominon lenses offered for the MP-3 and an explanation of the device the OP wants to know about. The manual is quite a late one, lenses originally offered for the MP-3 were from Rodenstock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin