Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,902   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Medium Format

Remove a lens from a plate

Hi there.

I am going to buy a Schneider-Kreuznach lens mounted on a Sinar plate.

I won't use it with a Sinar camera and I will not use it to take photos in general. I need it to make experiments.

My question: is it possible to remove the lens from the plate with no damage to the lens and to the plate? Or should I destroy the plate to "free" the lens?

Thanks!
    --- Beauty becomes mystery ---

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you look a little, I think you'll find that the Sinar plate simulates a shutter of the right size for the lens. It has a tube threaded to accept the lens cells' andis the right length to give correct spacing. It has no diaphragm.

The cells should unscrew from the tube. If you want to use the lens, you'll have to put the cells in the correct shutter or barrel.

It isn't clear that you'll be able to use the lens as you want without additional work and expense.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin