Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,178   Online: 769

Shooter
    8x10 Format

New55 Project (Remake Polaroid 55 P/N

Kickstarter has a project by Bob Crowley to re issue type 55 but with an equal speed Positive and Negative
    They can be found at New 55 Project, orhttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobcrowley/new55-film
    They are just over halfway with 9 days to go.

Wouldn't you love to have a source for that great film ??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There have been many threads on this already. But to answer your question, not in my opinion. T-55 wasn't as good as many say it was (my experience which I will not force upon anyone else). Solving the Neg/Pos speed issue will be a good thing... and I hope they solve the thin neg material problem too. But a real project of interest for me would be a re-make of T-52.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    But a real project of interest for me would be a re-make of T-52.
    If we get off the ground at Kickstarter, New55 Holdings could potentially have a slow-speed and high-speed monochrome p/n film -- something like an improved T55 AND improved T52. BOTH!

We don't know what the rating of New55 FILM will be because we have not chosen the off-the-shelf sheet film yet. The component will likely be between qualifying films from 200 to 400.

Don't hold back. Support New55 FILM now or nothing will be manufactured.

-Sam Hiser

project CEO
    new55project.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've upped my support via Kickstarter. Not so much because I was a big fan of T55, but because another film option is a good thing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Brian, while I do agree that type 55 had 'issues' and I also agree I would rather have Type 52, No one is currently offering type 52. So pragmatically I'm supporting the New55 project in the hope of at least having ONE Polaroid type option, and a remote possibility if they are successful maybe other types down the road.

Regarding other threads on the subject, I did a quick look and didn't see them, so I went ahead. I apologize if that was a mistake.
    Michael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin