Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,515   Posts: 1,645,439   Online: 1170

Shooter
    Medium Format

Graflex Crown Graphic

Good afternoon!

I am purchasing a Crown Graphic 4x5 and cannot find any information on which Graflite to buy. Does anyone have any info or suggestions?

Thanks!

Deb

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieT View Post
    Good afternoon!

I am purchasing a Crown Graphic 4x5 and cannot find any information on which Graflite to buy. Does anyone have any info or suggestions?

Thanks!

Deb
    Hi Deb,
    Depends on which bracket you have...got a picture?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Debbie,

I own a pair of Pacemaker Crown Graphic 4x5s and a couple of Graflites. Everything you ever wanted to know about Graflex (well, almost everything...) can be found here:

www.graflex.org

Also feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Graflite with a 5 inch reflector that fits both my Speed 4 x 5 and my Crown 2 x 3.
    The bracket clips on it are adjustable for spacing/height to fit the different sized brackets,
    and rotationally to mount on either side of the cameras.

I non destructively modified it by fitting a small electronic flash in the reflector.
    https://app.box.com/s/gz4dl6b6u2c1c0gg0dmv

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you purchase the camera? And the Graflite?

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Ken,
    Seller had to go out of town. I pick it up this coming weekend, and as luck would have it, includes a flash and film holders! I am so excited!

Deb

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin