Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,365   Online: 1063

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bernard_L View Post
    18mm is right unless you are doing macrophoto with your LF(!!). BUT, that is total range of allowable error. Margin of error either side of the "perfect" position is half that.

Plus, if you plan on a fixed-focus camera, you need as much margin as you can get for depth of field. If you start eating into that margin with errors of positioning the lens, so much lost in quality or flexibility...

Finally, I find it strange to scale the acceptable CoC proportional to the size of the negative. It means you have no better expectations for sharpness (relative to image size) in LF compared to miniature format.
    and that is true because you enlarge it less.35mm is most critical due to the relatively high magnification
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    My understanding is that depth of focus and depth of field mean the same.

(My photographic encyclopediae and dictionaries confirm this.)
    Sorry,utthey are not.The former is in front of the lens surrounding the subjectplane.Tthe latter is behind the lens surrounding the film plane.;very similar and proportional to each other but not the same; or are you thinking Tiefenschaerfe vs Schaerfentiefe?
    Last edited by RalphLambrecht; 05-22-2014 at 06:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin