Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,414   Online: 771

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anba Camera

Shooter
    Large Format

Anba Camera

A friend just offered me a tiny, compact 4X5 with the nameplate,
    "ANBA," made in Tokyo. Does anyone have information about this camera? Any idea of its value? My friend has asked me to make him an offer, and I don't know where to start.
    Thank you,
    Steven
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The main attraction of the Ikeda Anba is that it is really light and compact, but it's not a particularly expensive camera. For just the body, I'd guess something on the order of $300-400. I think there's a review on Kerry Thalmann's site. He used one as a backpacking camera for some time.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ikeda Anba is a great little camera... incredibly light and compact.. i love mine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These cameras are generally well made & a pleasure to use. In 4x5 $300-400 is about right. I used a 5x7 model for a number of years with no problems. It was light & well made and even when I got a Wisner Tech Field for resale I used the Anba for my work. It was better built & had a nicer finish and was much lighter. The bigger camera had more movement & longer bellows but was not as solid once set up, something I never expected. The Anba also had stronger metal pieces on the back.
    For a lightweight field camera they are very good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had one a few years ago, but sold it. It was a very light-weight camera, but I never really liked it. Movements were very limited. However, at less than 4lbs. you can't really complain.

They generally sell for about $350-400 or so, however last week one on eBay sold for $700. It is beyond me why it sold for so much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JG Motamedi
    They generally sell for about $350-400 or so, however last week one on eBay sold for $700. It is beyond me why it sold for so much.
    My guess? Two or more people looked at Kerry Thalmann's site, and the bidding war began.

Have you noted the rise in prices for old Yashica Electro 35's since they were praised in a thread here? Seriously, prices seem to have jumped 25%. I'm sure it's just a blip, but it's amazing what an effect the right words in the right place can have on the price of old equipment.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Images
    I played with one and I liked it alot. I don't know a thing about the price but it would be great to have a lighter camera when you come out to the SW again and we have to slip through a few fences.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    My guess? Two or more people looked at Kerry Thalmann's site, and the bidding war began.

Have you noted the rise in prices for old Yashica Electro 35's since they were praised in a thread here? Seriously, prices seem to have jumped 25%. I'm sure it's just a blip, but it's amazing what an effect the right words in the right place can have on the price of old equipment.
    Maybe we should start a section where people are going to sell equipment on ebay, praise the hell out of that equipment and then see if the person selling could get more money.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one with three lenses and plenty of holders and the whole kit is easier to backpack than an equivalent MF Bronica rig.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I have one with three lenses and plenty of holders and the whole kit is easier to backpack than an equivalent MF Bronica rig.
    Gary,
    What do you do for lensboards?
    Do you have a ground glass cover?
    What is the shortest/longest lens you use?
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin