Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1087

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ziyanglai
    You should take reflected light using a spot meter.. i really never figured out why they made incident meter (maybe for studio use..), but i have found that they are really incorrect.. i have little hope in them.

I know most people would probably disagree with me on this one.. But just throwing this out there. When I started, the only light meter I used were an iPhone app called "pocket light meter" and my DSLR. As dumb as it sounds, the app is surprisingly accurate. I have never, I really mean NEVER, got a bad exposure from that app, and I have missed some exposures when using my DSLR as a light meter. Few months later, I have finally decided to invest in a spot meter, and the spot meter allows me to log exposures and average it out for me. Now I'm actually using my light meter more and using my phone's app if I ever doubted myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I disagree, I find incident meter very accurate, it's just knowing in how to use one. I like how I can see on the white dome the shadows etc and moving it around more into shade or light to influence exposure. It's all in knowing your tools. I use Sekonic L-758D and 9.5 times out of 10, my spot metered exposure is exactly the same as my incident. There only have been very few times, where they were different and that's in very tricky light situations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin