Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,986   Online: 777

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Switching lens cells/elements.

So have a Schneider Convertible Symmar 150/265 and the shutter died. (Possibly a Copal 1)

I'm looking at another Symmar convertible, 210/370 to replace it and was wondering if they could be swapped. (Don't think I can get the info from the seller before buying and shipping.)

I do realize that the F-stop markings would be off but I can do the math and make my own marks on the outside edge.

Is there a place to find this info. Schneider's site seems to skip over the older lenses.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "Symmar" and "Symmar-S" 210mm take a size I shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The "Symmar" and "Symmar-S" 210mm take a size I shutter.
    Thanks!
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    https://www.schneideroptics.com/ click on Vintage Lens Data under the info tab.
    Both use a #1+1 shutter but check the cell spacing on both to verify that they are interchangeable.
    They are in Compur or Compur rapid shutters and their size numbers are not the same as Copal.
    The dead shutter may be repairable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may be able to transplant the aperture scale from your broken shutter to the new one, so dont toss it out. It can be as simple as removing two screws that hold in in place or it may be swapping the top marked plate of the shutter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin