Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,510   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

How to Carry my 4x5 Sinar?

I have a Sinar P2 and F2. I'll probably leave P2 inside and carry the F2 with me. I have both the Lightware V4000 and the Sinar metal case for the F2. The Lightware may be lighter to carry.

And I need some cart to carry the case. I'm open to all suggestions. I know there may be many choices. I'm still not sure if I'd plan to carry the Sinar on a trail or to the mountain. I'll pack one or two more lenses, 5-10 film holder, filter pack and a tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How to carry a 4x5 Sinar?

With pride.
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Sinar F2. Even though F stands for "field", in my opinion, it's not a field camera. I love my F2 and used it for over 30 years. My F2 came with a hard case that held the camera, an extra bellows, slot for 2 lens boards. It's too heavy for me to carry on a trail. I would consider a folding view camera instead of a rail camera. You won't have the DOF scales or the swing and tilt calculators of a Sinar.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't, and let the mule carry it instead. Seriously, though, there are cameras better suited to field work than a Sinar, some of which will cost less than a mule.

Shooter
    Large Format
    i like using a tenba car case.
    its handy for cameras with rails ( you can put it upside rail across the top, body in the middle compartment )
    it has a padded lens case for your lenses, and enough space to put EVERYTHING you need in there
    film holders, dark cloth, meters, lenses, flask of booze, monocular / binocular viewer, compendium &c ... and it really isn't too hard to carry.
    i use the 2 handles because the shoulder strap doesn't really come in handy. before the house fell on me ... maybe but not now.

Shooter
    35mm
    On another forum there were several advocates of either a baby buggy (sometimes with the baby seat removed) or a 3-wheel bicycle trailer, for use as hand-pulled trail carts. Either would easily be up the weight and bulk.

Baby buggies have hand-brakes, and proper handles oriented correctly for pushing and pulling. Bike trailers generally carry the weight much lower (more important on rough ground) and are a little cheaper.

Or - as already suggested in this thread - get an assistant who can't complain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm looking for a small pull-over, like the one you use to carry one suitcase. So I can at least use it from my car to client's site... I do not want to carry it in my hand.

I agree that Sinar is heavy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This could be your custom built ticket. Listing ends in 3 days so act fast.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sinar-F1-F2-...era_Cases_Bags
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have my F in a Lowepro backpack. I can fit the F (compressed onto a 6" rail), two 12" extension rails, two lenses, and light meter in the backpack, and then carry my film holders and spare film in a Calumet belt pouch designed for 4x5 holders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    This could be your custom built ticket. Listing ends in 3 days so act fast.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sinar-F1-F2-...era_Cases_Bags
    As I said, I already have this case. But I'm looking for some thing to put this case on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin