Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,512   Online: 1010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Just imagine what an old spare tire from his 1950's wagon would be worth - y'know, the authentic one with the shooting platform on the roof.
    Maybe there would still be some pebble embedded in the tread from Hernandez, NM. That alone would double its worth. Just by thinking about
    it, you'll double your own photographic skills. It also helps to grow a beard and wear a cowboy hat. I don't have either. Perhaps that's why I'm
    not famous.
    I still have one of his #2 pencils he actually used to mark his prints;only want $10k;an takers?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just imagine what an old spare tire from his 1950's wagon would be worth - y'know, the authentic one with the shooting platform on the roof.
    Maybe there would still be some pebble embedded in the tread from Hernandez, NM. That alone would double its worth. Just by thinking about
    it, you'll double your own photographic skills.
    Just think about how much better pictures his camera took than yours..

It also helps to grow a beard and wear a cowboy hat. I don't have either. Perhaps that's why I'm
    not famous.
    That's gotta be it.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I dunno. I split a big public retrospective with him a long time ago. But all my own work was in color at that time. Come to think of it, I did have a small black beard back then, but for some reason it didn't cause my prints to come out in black and white. I shot exclusively a Sinar back then, so maybe that was the problem - I had the wrong Swiss camera all along? Guess it has a lot to do with style. So now for my impending geezerhood I've started using a lovely old Sinar Norma - can't get classier than that - and even found a totally unused genuine Glendale Calif made Kelty Tioga pack from the 60's to carry it. Now all I need is to turn a replacement ash handle for my old wooden ice axe (it snapped half on an, uh, er, unplanned thrill ride down a steep ice slope)... Don't want to grow my beard out however, or people will recognize my real age.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Any item is always and only worth whatever a willing buyer and willing seller agree it is worth. There is no such thing as intrinsic value.
    I agree it may be "worth" $1,000,000 but if the maximum any buyer will pay for it is $100 that's what it's worth. I learned this by bitter experience.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin