Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,349   Online: 758

Linhof Super Technika III 2x3 eyepiece operation

I have a 1950s-vintage Linhof Super Techinka 2x3 (s/n 44200). A user's manual, presumably of the same vintage, states that to correct for longer lenses the eyepiece pulls out. I am unable to pull mine out without more force than I am willing to use for fear of damage. My question is whether the eyepiece is just stuck or whether the eyepiece on some versions of the camera did not pull out. Any LInhof mavens out there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacio Jan Brown View Post
    I have a 1950s-vintage Linhof Super Techinka 2x3 (s/n 44200). A user's manual, presumably of the same vintage, states that to correct for longer lenses the eyepiece pulls out. I am unable to pull mine out without more force than I am willing to use for fear of damage. My question is whether the eyepiece is just stuck or whether the eyepiece on some versions of the camera did not pull out. Any LInhof mavens out there?
    As far as I know, all the Super Technika 6x9 have an ayepiece that can be pulled out. When not pulled out, the viewfinder matches the use of a 65mm-lens. Pulled out until you see the mark "90mm", the viewfinder matches the use of a 90mm-lens or more (when using the approriate viewfinder masks).
    Normally, pulling out the viewfinder is really easy and smooth.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin