Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,316   Online: 1222

Shooter
    Medium Format

help with lens reconstruction! Symmar S 150mm

Camera Lens/ Optics Aficionados - HELP!!!!

I have a Schneider Symmar S 150mm that had a bit of haze forming inside, so I have taken it apart to clean it. I rather stupidly did not take note of which way around the elements went o_O

My question is, which way does the middle element face? Does it echo the curve of the front element (eg curve facing away from the film plane) or does it echo the rear element (eg curve facing towards the film plane)? It fits nicely both ways.

I cant find any diagrams of the lens online

thanks in advance

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As being symmetrical, there is no middle element.

Maybe you refer to the middle elements in the two main (Gaus) sections?
    The middle elements of both sectios have their flat (more flat) side facing outwards (refering to the completed lens).
    But aren't they cemented??

Maybe you are refering to the two inner elements (elements of the Gaus sections facing the shutter)?

Both are facing their hollow side to the shutter.

The name Symmar reflects its nearly symmetrical construction. Thus one can take the other Gaus section as sample.
    (I have to admit though, opening a fine section without better cause than to look at its construction is not the best idea. Then better ask here.)
    Last edited by AgX; 07-03-2014 at 05:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The bulges should bulge away from the iris.

It is undesirable to swap the inner pair even if they will physically fit...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Leon,

Perhaps the small figure in the Schneider leaflet helps.
    The leaflet is from the Schneider homepage, before they updated their homepage.

Chris
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks all. Problem fixed now

Shooter
    Medium Format
    and Chrisaisenbrey - thank you! I couldn't find that leaflet anywhere, I know I had seen it in the past.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin