Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,361   Online: 744

Thread: Compur shutter

Shooter
    Multi Format

Compur shutter

I have a speed graphic camera with a primotar 135 lens on a Compur (Deckel-Munchen) shutter. For some reason I can't cock the shutter if set on Time or Bulb...! Am I not doing something...some interlock mechanism not being switched? Any help would be greatly appreciated...!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't force it or you'll break it. They're not supposed to be cocked for t or b. Just try firing the shutter - it should work properly without being cocked.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    Don't force it or you'll break it. They're not supposed to be cocked for t or b. Just try firing the shutter - it should work properly without being cocked.

Dan
    To add to Dan's post, I just wanted to mention that in addition to firing the shutter, Press and hold the shutter release for "B". The shutter will close as soon as you remove your finger from the release lever or the cable release. For the "T" setting, press the shitter release once to open the shutter, and press it again to close it. Should wourk just fine.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok...you are correct! My other lenses don't work like that...they need to be cocked. This is great....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin