Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,300   Online: 1200

Thread: Studio camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Studio camera

Have seen a few pictures of this but here is a few more with video
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1058520...30StudioCamera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that deserves a two-syllable Day'um, as in "Day'um that's a huge camera".
    Too bad there's no darkslidey kind of arrangement to be able to wheel it around loaded and use it in the light. 1:1 portraits on 16x20 would look great.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is a process camera. It is a little strange to see one on wheels, but otherwise they were very common. Any print shop that produced work with an offset press might have one.

In my youth, when I was shooting 35mm film, it was fun using the process camera in my high school's print shop.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, it's a process camera. In my experience the back of the camera was normally built into the wall of the darkroom. I'm a printer, and haven't seen one in many years. I once had a smaller vertical one (like an enlarger) that I tried unsuccessfully to sell, then give away, about 15-18 years ago. I finally just put it in the alley behind my shop - it was still there when I moved about five years later, although someone had taken the lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin