Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,213   Online: 907

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec
    Remember, the is no substitute for long bellows, close work or long lenses. The 12/14 in bellows cameras are limited. This leaves the Zone iv and Wisner, maybe others.

I am happy with my Zone 6 and accy bag bellows. $500 is is not.

For less then Wisner charges for the 4x5 Technical Field I got:

5x7 Shen Hao
    4x5 back graflock
    bag bellows
    6x12 rollfilm back
    case
    adapter lensboard
    FEDex air delivery

Even the lower priced Wisner isn't much less then I paid for everything.

The deal with the Shen Hao isn't just the camera. It's the whole package.

Shooter
    Medium Format

4 x 5 field Camera

For the Money: Graphic View 2 by Graflex. Make sure you get the tripod mount and the proper case that will allow camera to be stored upside down with the tripod mount attached. You can back pack this whole outfit on a back pack frame. The case camera and gear will weigh right at 22 pounds with cut film holders, polaroid back, filters, 2 or 3 lenses, and light meter. You can store a full 8 x 10 grey card in it, a darkcloth, etc. A 127 Kodak Ektar and Kodak 203mm Ektar and you will have a nice outfit. Plenty of movements with the 203 . Just enough with the 127 for landscapes straight on. Easy to set up, easy to use the movements. Get one preferable with a Graflok back but a regular spring back will suffice.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a custom Ebony SW45. Very light...only 1.5kg. I use the top hat lensboard extender for my 180mm APO Symmar. The back tilt with this camera is great...in fact I like it better than Ebony's assymetric tilt.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nice, what is the custom part of this camera?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The back is different, it's like the back extender in the way it extends and tilts. I just push the bottom of the back in for tilts...works extremely well.

Natively it only extends sufficiently for 150mm lenses. WIth the 37mm top hat lensboard I can use the 180mm. Adding a back extender would add another 90mm of extension.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin