Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,482   Posts: 1,644,471   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak exposure publication?

Hello Folks, a friend and I are going to (re)familiarize ourselves with large format photography. He has a memory of a small Kodak publication that dealt with exposure. It may have been a notebook or pocket guide, and he remembers it being yellow. Is anybody out there familiar with such a thing? And/or have any idea where to get one?

Thanks!

-- Mark
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Kodak Master Photoguide, it measures 4"x5" and less than half inch thick. and has all kinds of info. It has a depth of field computer, lens extension exposure dial, daylight exposure dial, existing light exposure for Kodak films dial, and much more.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There were all kinds of them, frequently updated. Of course, all the specific films will be long extinct. Around here used bookstores often have piles of old Kodak photographic and graphics arts guides going back decades, and selling for next to nothing. There's a lot of useful info in some of these old books that the present generation has forgotten.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years ago a came across a large collection of used Kodak publications on Amazon.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. Kodak Master Photo Guide sounds like the winner.
    It takes a big dog to weigh a ton.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There was a small pocket sized book called something like How to Make Better 35mm Photographs or something like that. I grew up with that little book.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

GKC

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've got three within reach--
    Kodak Black & White Data Guide, ISBN 0-87985-602-5
    How to Take Good Pictures, ISBN 0-345-30762-3
    Kodak Professional Reference Dataguide, Kodak Publication # PG-118

I think the lights are still on in Rochester, why not give 'em a call? Maybe they'll send you one.

Shooter
    35mm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin