Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,639   Posts: 1,668,456   Online: 720

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Help Identifying Lenses

Snagged these 3 massive lenses at a garage sale over the weekend. Can't find anything about them online. They look military? Raptars, 6", 12" and 24" 4 1/2" X 4 1/2"
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lenses.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Likely the big one at least is an aerial lens. Probably all 3. Better pics would help. Looks like one has a speed graphic board attached already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry about the pic. Here's a better one. Yeah, I thought maybe aerial or reconnaissance, but couldn't find a reference to a 4 1/2" camera?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lenses2.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Process camera lens possibly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The olive drab paint color might be a hint?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's the matter, Greg? Each lens is engraved with its name, focal length and maximum aperture. Maker, too. Can't you read? And can't you take a picture that contains this information?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why the anger toward the OP?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    What's the matter, Greg? Each lens is engraved with its name, focal length and maximum aperture. Maker, too. Can't you read? And can't you take a picture that contains this information?
    Dan, I think he just doesn't understand what he is reading. He thinks the 4 1/2" lens is for a 4 1/2" camera and not the focal length of the lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Except that two of the lenses are clearly marked 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"; apparently for a 5" rollfilm camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To clarify, the focal lengths are 6", 12" and 24". referring to the 4 1/2" sq as it states on the lenses, I was referring to the film format of the camera. I didn't see any aerial cameras listed in google results in 5"? just 9" and 2.5" So curious if I'd found something more unusual??? or so mundane not even google cares.
    Might be fun to build a quick sliding box plywood 4 x 5 camera to use these with...

Sure glad there is the "ignore list" feature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin