Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,488   Online: 923

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey everybody! Just thought I'd post an update with some good news. MyBogen grip action head that I love ever so much works just beautifully with my Shen-Hao. No sag or anything. Now is this set up going to work in a wind storm? Of course not! But I'm not going to be using it under such conditions anyway. So I'm happy

Regardless, I sure appreciate everyones input on my ball head issues. Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Look at the Bogen 405 or 410 Micro-Gear heads

These beat any monoball I have ever used.
    No camparison.
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Hi all! I am currently using a Bogen 3047 head with my Horseman LE and it's great but rather bulky. Since I am adding a Shen-Hao to my arsenal, I would like to get a ball head that I can mount on my 'traveling' pod that I can also get QR plates to use with my Mamiya 330f and my Canon 20D. Again, the Horseman will stay on the Bogen so I don't need a ballhead to handle it, just the other three cameras.

So I'd love to hear what you folks are successfully using; maybe even pros and cons (as I've never used a ballhead before).

p.s. Money is an issue so don't tell me how much you love your $300+ ArcaSwiss (or whatever) 'cause that ain't gonna happen and I'll only be jealous

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Acratech offers quite a bit of bang for the buck, and makes a good traveling setup.

http://acratech.net/ultimate_ballhead.html

Shooter
    Large Format

Look at the Bogen 405 or 410 Micro-Gear heads

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf
    These beat any monoball I have ever used.
    No camparison.
    Mike
    Mike, I fully concur with you... I use to use a big Manfrotto ballhead with my 4x5 camera but hated having to work with the "finicky-ness" of the thing. So, I ended up getting rid of it and buying a 410. This model supports up to approximately 11 lbs.

When I go 8x10 I'll also pick up a 405 (supports up to approximately 15 lbs I believe) as a companion to the 410.

But, I agree... there's NO comparison!

Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin