Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,077   Online: 753

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Litmann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Westin
    Wow Nathan!
    I remember a big discussion between Apug members and this Australian guy!
    It is better not to start again...
    Er, yeah. I just found one of those threads. Forget I asked ...

Nathan

The history is the Australian and Mr Littman have an ongoing feued about the conversions because the Aussie was selling his on the internet claiming they are the same as the Littman but an a small cost. That is my understanding of the events and that all I know about it.

The Littman has a parallax rangefinder system that nobody else has. That is one reason it is a lot more money. The Littman is very well made and not rigged together like others out there. This sort of attention to detail costs money. Hence the price.

If you want a toy to play around with buy the cheap conversion and have fun. If you want something more serious with focusing abilities and well made camera cough up the bucks and it's yours.

I have no horse in this race so enjoy which ever choice you make.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Rubin.
    you can find a lot of information about Littman cameras on the web. And there are also some pictures and you can make up your mind. Everything in the 110b is lube, cleaned, replaced etc. When you hold it you have the feeling it is a brand new camera.
    Carsten

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you everybody!
    Aggie, I followed your tribolation through various threads and I would like to ask you if you received the Littman already and, in this case, if it possible to have your impressions...
    I do not know if I can ask such personal questions, but I am new and I have no shame...
    Merci a tous
    Rubin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was contacted by Mr. Littman a week before I was to have surgery. He offered to send me an alternate camera to use while He finished up the camera he is making for me. Since I had the operation coming up and would be off my feet for a couple of weeks afterwards, I said I could wait until he had mine finished. He has gone out of his way to communicate with me all along the way.

I have had the opportunity to go up to the land of the California grape and check out personally Michael (blansky's) Littman. It felt really good in my hands. It was easy to focus, and lightweight for that kind of camera. I was very impressed. I plain our right wanted one. Alas I saw what I thought was a good opportunity to get a similar camera, albeit without the paralax conversion of the view finder, at what seemed a resonable price. As they say, You get what you pay for. You go for cheap, you get cheap.

I will in the future have more to say about the Littman once I get it. I assured Mr. Littman it would be about Mid May before I would be taking it out to try it. He has many others ahead of me, that should get theirs first, where I should get no special treatment.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you Aggie. Merci beaucoup.
    Very useful answer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just handled a Littman just for some minutes. It is light and precise and very well made, so nothing new under the sun, it is what is written everywhere. The camera had the 127 rodenstock ysarex lens, the standard one, I know the lens and it is good, but a little too "wide angle" for me. But I am used too it.
    The bellow and the leather parts are very clean and looked like new and so the plastic parts, I think repainted and reshaped on the right corner where the original body has been cut. A very good work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey Trent,
    Thanks.
    Was that Litmann in Europe? In a shop?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I was contacted by Mr. Littman a week before I was to have surgery. He offered to send me an alternate camera to use while He finished up the camera he is making for me. Since I had the operation coming up and would be off my feet for a couple of weeks afterwards, I said I could wait until he had mine finished. He has gone out of his way to communicate with me all along the way.

I have had the opportunity to go up to the land of the California grape and check out personally Michael (blansky's) Littman. It felt really good in my hands. It was easy to focus, and lightweight for that kind of camera. I was very impressed. I plain our right wanted one. Alas I saw what I thought was a good opportunity to get a similar camera, albeit without the paralax conversion of the view finder, at what seemed a resonable price. As they say, You get what you pay for. You go for cheap, you get cheap.

I will in the future have more to say about the Littman once I get it. I assured Mr. Littman it would be about Mid May before I would be taking it out to try it. He has many others ahead of me, that should get theirs first, where I should get no special treatment.

WOW! Aggie, I'm glad you clairfied this. I remember your very un-happy thread about this "knock-off" camera and all this time, I incorrectly assumed it was Littman you were...uhm..."not so happy" with. Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Rubin, I know I am late...
    I answer: no, not in a shop, was a friend of a friend who showed me.
    I think it is not possible to buy it in a shop.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin