Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,778   Online: 872

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    On my 11x14" camera, which has only clumsy focus on the rear standard (you can move the back on two slides, but you can't keep it vertical at the same time) and geared focus on the front, the focus is a rack-and-pinion design, so the focus knob stays in the same place on the bed for people with normal arms, and the rail moves in and out.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    All right!

Now own up - who of you outbid me on the Rodenstock Serie I No.3 Portrait lens yesterday?
    All is forgiven - I've got a Suter No.6! And a (ca. 1870) Steinheil Patent, probably a 28cm Aplanat, and a very early one at that.

-- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Doing portraits with a 4x5, then an 8x10 Deardorff, I got into habit of using the lens standard's knobs to compose the shot and rough focus, then fine focus with the film standard.

First time I tried shooting a "head and shoulder" bride's portrait with my 11x14 and 24" lens, I couldn't reach the front knobs because my arms were too short. My face smooshed into the ground glass and my fingers wiggled desperately.

The bride was a photographer. Everybody at the wedding was a photographer. Everybody but me took a picture of the moron with the huge camera waving insanely at the bride from inside a dark cloth.

Since then, I've believed with all my heart that large format portraiture, not to mention ULTRA large format portraiture has a lot of room for personal preference.

don

"This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
    ROFLMAO Needed the Laugh. Thanks.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    It does not make sense to me.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin