Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,266   Online: 1004

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've ordered new GG's for two old folders and the Gandolfi project. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvement!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another order

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC
    All of these glowing reviews are starting to get to me. I'm going to have to place an order in the next couple of weeks.
    Me too.

Look out for inbound :-)

Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed, it is a very good product. I got one each for my Linhofs and ordered two more as spares. Delivery time was about six weeks - quite acceptable, IMHO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, my first 8x10 outing was with standard GG and I had a lot of trouble seeing well. My 2nd outing today was with a new Satinsnow GG and I was totally blown away! Here I am on the beach focusing sand tack sharp, it wasn't grain of the GG like before, it was sand! This GG is on another level compared to my stock GG. Dave If you ever plan on retiring please give me notice so I can stock up on a lifetime supply

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    all these great reports while I wait for mine to arrive while composing and focusing on my GG held together with band-aids...

What's worse is the other day I had a note in the mailbox saying I had to collect something 'registered mail' from the post office so I excitedly zipped down only to find it was a licence plate for our bike rack! Excitement letdown!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    all these great reports while I wait for mine to arrive while composing and focusing on my GG held together with band-aids...
    Nige , I hope you used the transparent ones

I have had my GGs for a few months but had never used them until last night. I have 2 backs and swapped from one to the other to check the difference. I reckon I get an extra 1.5 stops brighter image, plus the grain is much smaller.

Excellent product Dave . Thanks

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Needs fresnel for wide angles

I recently installed a Satin Snow on my Tachihara. With my 150mm and 210mm the image is definitely brighter and easier to focus. Images do seem to "pop" into focus quite easily.

However with my 90mm the image is very dark outside the central area and indoors it is very difficult to see the edges to compose. I purchased a fresnel lens for about $8 at OfficeMax. While it isn't designed for cameras it has made a big difference.

I won't go back to my old ground glass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman
    I recently installed a Satin Snow on my Tachihara. With my 150mm and 210mm the image is definitely brighter and easier to focus. Images do seem to "pop" into focus quite easily.

However with my 90mm the image is very dark outside the central area and indoors it is very difficult to see the edges to compose. I purchased a fresnel lens for about $8 at OfficeMax. While it isn't designed for cameras it has made a big difference.

I won't go back to my old ground glass!
    Hi Sherman,

Thanks, glad to hear the product has helped!

We are currently working on getting some custom thin fresnels made for us, as I found the fresnels that were offered by the book stores and office stores were to thick for the photographic applications, one question I would have, is where did you mount your fresnel? and have you noticed any focus shift after the installation of the fresnel?

90mm and shorter lenses are difficult due to the nature of the lens, and a great many of them out there are slow lenses.

But I would be interested in your experiance with the focus shift and how you mounted it?

Thanks again, glad the screen worked out for you.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige

What's worse is the other day I had a note in the mailbox saying I had to collect something 'registered mail' from the post office so I excitedly zipped down only to find it was a licence plate for our bike rack! Excitement letdown!
    Hi Nige,

We are working as quick as we can, to get everything we have on the order boards, so it should not be a whole lot longer, one thing I do need to note, is we have been having difficulties with the US customs services for our international orders, due to some stupid laws and have had to go through some extra inspections, so this has slowed to process down a bit, it is one of those catch 22 situations, that we all dream about, you want to come up with a product that is popular, and when you do, the stupid government decides they need to take a closer look! go figure, live the dream only to have to put up with the crap! LOL But we are working with the authorities to make sure that we can get back to getting product out in a more timely manner.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Images
    I'd use a fresnel but I just love louping my SS GG too much. So Sharp!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin