Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,555   Online: 1044

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Hi Sherman,

...currently working on getting some custom thin fresnels made for us, ...the fresnels that were offered by the book stores and office stores were to thick ...

...But I would be interested in your experiance with the focus shift and how you mounted it?...
    Dave,

I simply cut the fresnel to size and mounted it behind the GG-hmmm... what's behind? OK, it goes like this- lens, bellows, Satin Snow, fresnel, me. I put the ridges on the fresnel against the GG. My old GG was actually plastic with a fresnel cut into it. Behind that was mounted a clear piece of glass with the grid on it. I removed that glass, marked the grid on my fresnel and put the fresnel in its place.

Since the image is formed on the GG with nothing in the way I haven't seen any focus shift. However, I haven't yet done any macro or wide open work where DOF wouldn't cover any focus shift.

Maybe tomorrow I'll through in a Polaroid and do a 1:1 shot with my 150mm. That should turn up any shift.

My 90mm is a 6.8 which isn't as slow as some. However speed is probably less important for the dimmer image than the angle at which the light strikes the GG from the lens. The more perpindicular the light rays are to the GG the brighter the image. I can compensate a bit by tilting my focusing loupe to match the angle of the light.

Thanks for a nice product at a nice price! I'll be interested in the fresnel when you get something you like!

Sherman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the strength of every bodys comments here I have made an order for a couple of relacement ground glass myself. Currently using something very dodgy on the 10 x 8. I look forward to being able to see properly when focusing again!
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I had ordered two satin snow glasses for my Sinar 8x10 P and Linhof 8x10 camera. Now I received it. Both glasses are of the same dimension. One is too small to Sinar P and one is too big to Linhof. I think I will ask local glass store to cut one to fit my Linhof. But for the other one, no way to put onto Sinar P.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by m3500
    I had ordered two satin snow glasses for my Sinar 8x10 P and Linhof 8x10 camera. Now I received it. Both glasses are of the same dimension. One is too small to Sinar P and one is too big to Linhof. I think I will ask local glass store to cut one to fit my Linhof. But for the other one, no way to put onto Sinar P.
    Hi m3500,

Have you emailed me to let me know there is a problem?, I think that most of the people here and around the internet, will attest that I have a 100% fit policy on my screens and if there is a problem, I will make it right, I have not had any emails as of late from anyone with a fit problem on screens that I have made and sent, please let me know where the problem lies and we can get it worked out, so that all is okay, as your first post here is a complaint, it may be better to email or contact the manufacture of the product, before you try to say something...I am always here, very easy to work with and have no problems making sure you have screens that fit your need.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dave
    I will be up in your neck of the woods for Kerik's workshop next week....would like to check out the glass if possible and look into changing out some cameras. 8 x 10, 7 x 17, 5 x 7, and possible 14 x 17...the old eyes arent what they used to be!

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Dave
    I will be up in your neck of the woods for Kerik's workshop next week....would like to check out the glass if possible and look into changing out some cameras. 8 x 10, 7 x 17, 5 x 7, and possible 14 x 17...the old eyes arent what they used to be!

Dave in Vegas
    Hi Dave,

I am sure I will be visiting down that way, sometime next week, Les McLean is suspose to be arriving at my place after he does his workshop this week, and we are thinking about venturing down to Yellowstone, so Fourmulary is right on the way, I have some glass ground up, that has no homes right now, so should be able to bring some down for you guys to look at, What days are you all going to be down there, I would love to take a visit and spend some time with fellow appugers.

Either drop me a note here, or send me an email at gglass@satinsnowglass.com and we will see how the schedule plays out.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dave

Email sent,

Any other apugers in the area june 19-25?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Any other apugers in the area june 19-25?
    I wish.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Don't worry, Satin Snow prices are pretty well set
    Boy am I glad to hear that! My first 8x10 is in the mail to me right now and the first order of business (once I receive it) is to check the quality of the glass and probably order my THIRD Satin Snow glass.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi m3500,

Have you emailed me to let me know there is a problem
    Dave:

I just tried to order a piece of glass on your website and was told after I entered all my credit card information that my e-commerce session had timed out. I did it twice, just to make sure the error wasn't on this end.

Is this intentional, because of your backlog? If so, can I order via snail mail? If not, you need to have a talk with your webmaster.

Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin