Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,675   Online: 953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, thanks a lot for the idea!

After seeing your system with film decal tabs, I decided to make something like that.
    However, making copies using ortho/lith film was not very practical or easily available, so I opted for another system: I got a heavier transparency sheet (thicker than usual), some "Letraset" transfer lettering templates and followed the film decal tab idea. What I did was draw a grid on the transparency and just transfer the numbers from the transfer lettering "thingy"(TM)

Everything was done in about an hour - and I marked two holders. The tabs are glued to the holders and secured with clear sticky tape.

Another (a bit cleaner) idea, which I might try later, is to use transparencies intended for laser printing - draw the tabs in a drawing program and just print those on the transparency, cut them up and use those... The laser transparencies I found are a bit thinner than the one I used here, though...

It sure is easier and cleaner than filing/carving the notches in holders, particularly if you have older wooden holders (think sawdust!)...

Anyway, the photos are attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HolderTab-transfers.JPG   HolderTab.JPG   HolderTab_full.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry, I just use QuickLoads - each has a unique number.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Sorry, I just use QuickLoads - each has a unique number.
    I don't use cut film holders either, I mostly use Grafmatics which also number the sheets for you.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike & Denis,

those tabs are a good idea but they screw up quite an area on the negative.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chris at Quality Camera in Atlanta told me to get a set of files designed to sharpen the teeth of chainsaws.

I believe he said they come in a set of 3: round, "V" and square, or something like that.

Next time I go into a hardware store I'll see what's available and report back.

Terry Thomas
    Motion Picture Stills Photographer
    Atlanta, Georgia USA

----------

See some of my recent stills here: www.psychopathia.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The tab things that Mike shows work very well. I never purchased them how ever, they are very easy to make with litho film or transparancy stuff for ink jet printers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin