Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,725   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think Colivet said it best with the "Long term relationship" line. If your worried about the weight, try the Ries "J" series. The J 100 tripod and J 250 head can handel a 13lb. Deardorff with a 14" Ektar. I feel they are good for up to 7x17. After that look to the A 100. In ten seconds you can reverse all 3 legs from rubber to spike. This is a tripod to live with.

And yes, I do own both CF and metal tripods. I hope I'm right about the "J" series, whatever, it's the next size down from the A line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just want to let everyone know that I received a Miller tripod today and it's a beauty. It's rock solid and not too heavy. I need to modify it slightly so I can mount my Gitzo 1570 head on it and I'll be ready to go. One question- each leg has a free swinging triangular wire ring. Anyone know what they're for? Thanks, this is going to be a great tripod.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin