Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,481   Online: 857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 on ebay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

8x10 on ebay

There is an Ansco 8x10 with a 12 inch Goerz Double Anastigmat in Ilex #4 shutter on eBay. Looks like it might be the basis of a good starter kit for someone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...524669052&rd=1
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, man...why do this to me? I was just getting past lurking for an 8x10.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    5 bids, $56.00, 2 days left ?????? !!!!

That's obscene!

(Just paid $400 for my 8x10 at the first of June and I thought that was a STEAL!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wonderful. Another reminder of the Glory that Was Binghamton. Add a pair of E. J. Johnson shoes and an IBM 029 Keypunch, and you'd have a right proper memorial to Upstate NY.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that caulking on the front? Either he measured the camera without extending the rear or somebody chopped the bellows. Fully open it should be more then 20". I'm betting he failed to extend everything. But would pay to ask.

That must be the first model before the Agfa/Ansco merger. Not the post war model.

Shooter
    35mm
    If someone gets this combo for a couple of hundred dollars they will have a nice camera to refinish and a fine photo taker...not to mention a real bargain. If the lens is a Dagor even uncoated with only 4 air glass sufrfaces it should be relatively flare free.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Jane
    5 bids, $56.00, 2 days left ?????? !!!!

That's obscene!

(Just paid $400 for my 8x10 at the first of June and I thought that was a STEAL!)
    Just wait until the bidding frenzy which happens at the last moments of closing. I noticed the shutter only goes to 1/150 of a second. I guess you need a tripod. How do people walk around with those things?
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tripod??? All you need is a good camera strap.

Late model Agfa/Ansco had been selling for around $250 give or take awhile back. That was in much better shape then the one in the link. Cameras with tilt. The main value on this one is the lens I guess. What does a series III cover?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera doesn't look the best Ansco, condition or model, later models are nicer escpecially if you can find one with triple extension bellows & the extra front rail. (As mentioned in the 1940's Agfa Ansco catalogue).

Ive seen good 10x8 Ansco's go for anything from around $200 without a lens (or with an old dodgy lens).

Equally I've seen excellent late 1930's early 40's 12" Am Opt Dagors go for as high as $750 if coated. Many were upgraded and factory coated after the war. Very few european Berlin Dagors of that vintage are mounted in shutters, and American Optical Dagors always seem so much nicer :-)

The Dagor lens was designed for coverage so a 12" Series III will certainly cover 10X8 amd larger with plenty of movements - not really available on this camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldatwork
    Just wait until the bidding frenzy which happens at the last moments of closing. I noticed the shutter only goes to 1/150 of a second. I guess you need a tripod. How do people walk around with those things?
    Only 1/150 second? Many of my 8x10 shots have exposure times in the multiple second range. Some of my lenses are barrel mounted (no shutter) and I make the exposure by pulling my homemade polarfleece lens sock off the lens, then replacing it.

I always use my Wehman 8x10 on a tripod and I carry it in a Kelty Redwing 3100 backpack.

I sometimes shoot handheld with one of my smaller LF cameras - my old Linhof Technika 4x5.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin