Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,836   Online: 855

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

What is Wrong with me?

So I've been doing a little bit of 4x5 work and am feeling pretty good about the direction I'm going. Then, on Ebay I somehow find a 5x7 Kokak Century No. 2 grouped in with a couple of other 1900's folders and a weston meter that no one is bidding on. I put in my snipe bid and now I have a 5x7. I wasn't planning on shooting 5x7 but my hell it was so cheap! What was I supposed to do? Now I have to buy a lens and film holders. I'll probably be sending SatinSnow an email soon...

I'm blaming Per and all his talk about restoring his B&J. I think Jim Galli is somewhat to blame and Aggie is totally at fault as well. Hmmm...guess I'll have to include Sean with the guilty parties. If my wife finds out I'm naming names. But since I'm having it shipped to work you guys might be off the hook

Shooter
    Multi Format
    5x7 is the one true format. All others are the work of the devil. Have you received the secret decoder ring yet?

Shooter
    35mm
    How can Aggie be totally at fault and others too? Is there an over-abundance of fault to go around?
    Last edited by Claire Senft; 06-27-2005 at 02:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There's nothing wrong with you, It's everyone else!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HEHEHE welcome to the dark cloth side!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Next time you wife comes home with a new hand bag and pair of shoes and gives you the whole schpleel about what a great sale and how much she saved, yada, yada, yada...just remember this moment and enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it called gearitice and there is no known cure, it is one of those illnesses that are a fact of life, and you have to learn to live with! LOL

Dave

Images
    I love my 5x7. You might want to check and see if the lens you have on the 4x5 will cover 5x7. I was surprised to find that two of the lenses I have for my 4x5 do infact cover 5x7. SO what if there is no room to move.

Shouldn't you be thanking those folks. I mean they could have gotten you addicted to crack or something. Which, as you should explain to your wife, is a much more destructive habit.

Don't forget you will need to grab a few film holders too and more film. May I suggest JandC as well as ebay (which you know about) for all of your addiction satisfying cravings.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I predict in 6 months you won't be able to even find the 5X7 as it will be lost under heaps of 8X10 film holders boxes and gear:~')

Meanwhile, have I got a lens deal for you..........
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    I predict in 6 months you won't be able to even find the 5X7 as it will be lost under heaps of 8X10 film holders boxes and gear:~')

Meanwhile, have I got a lens deal for you..........
    Me thinks he's correct...my 4x5 morphed into a 5x7 last year...and now it is morphing into a 8x10 that should arrive by the end of the week...Oh My!! Placed a film order last night for 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10...don't know what those little rolls were on JandC, seems like they go in those almost forgotten cameras stored in the closet...

Maybe I need to take them out and tell them they are not forgotten.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin