Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,215   Online: 1036

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Graphex Shutters & Cell Replacements

Years back I got a Super Graphic with a 135 Optar (Wollensak for Graflex) in a Graphex Full Synchromatic shutter. ( This may be a renamed Wollensak shutter?) The shutter has very good speeds per a test I had done, but the resolution of the lens isn't all that great. I was wondering if I can pickup better glass and use the shutter. It appears to be what I would call a #1 shutter, but I'm sure there are differences. My needs are something in the 90 to 210mm range, and if there was better glass from that era, I'm thinking of looking for a lens with a bad shutter and using the elements. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by waynecrider; 06-28-2005 at 12:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wayne,

If I remember right the graphex shutter was unique onto itself, and did not follow the same standards such as the copals did, but I could be wrong, one of the best resources to find information on it would be at the graflex.org website, those guys over eat breath and sleep grapflex stuff, but it seems to me, that the graphex used different threads than the others of the same time.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, I did post a question over in the Graflex site.

Maybe those that have these shutters can post their focal lengths and lens makers. In this way I can get an idea as to what was available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    I'm thinking of looking for a lens with a bad shutter and using the elements. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Sometimes Equinoxphotographic.com has some lens cels without shutter. The ones I recall recently were for the 127mm lens.

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin