Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,581   Online: 971

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great stuff Jim...thanks for sharing. I think that little HALBEN WA is quite the treasure.

Any thoughts about making a smaller stop for the Watebury to see if the coverage improves?
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Images
    Cool. But I did notice that it looks like the beginnings of a no trespassing sign in your last shot. Shame, shame.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    If it wasn't for a little bit of silver that occured here, that road would be straight. Mammoth's going to blow sky high one of these days and the ash will settle on Tonopah.
    Driving down 395 is great--you can see the cinder cones from a bunch of old volcanoes. They get bigger the closer you get to Mammoth.

I recall fishing on the upper Owens and looking around to discover that we were in the actual caldera. Very cool... that is unless it blows again in our lifetime!

I doubt I'll get the chance to make a Mammoth trip this summer. If I do, I'll see about a side trip to Tonopah. I'll give you warning so you can leave town (and hide all the camera gear)!

Matt

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    NO TRESSPASSING ?? What does that actually mean? I've been trying to sound out that word. Is it Espanol? Has me baffled.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Images
    When I was wondering around an old ranch with a PB&J in my hand an old timer came up and said "Caint ya see the no trayspassin sign". Maybe it is french for no food allowed.

The camera made it and is not in as bad as my 5x7 was before I started working on it. Should be up and running in no time. Un less I get daring and go for making my own bellows.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice shots, Jim!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    great story and nice shots jim..were u just using a hat shutter or a packard or something? what were u using to get the red filter and the polarizer attached to these lenses?

-andrew

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewfrith
    great story and nice shots jim..were u just using a hat shutter or a packard or something? what were u using to get the red filter and the polarizer attached to these lenses?

-andrew
    Thank you. I used a large lens cap. Filters were mounted in a 62-67 stepping ring and just rested around the barrels (until the wind blows them off of course.)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    NO TRESSPASSING ?? What does that actually mean? I've been trying to sound out that word. Is it Espanol? Has me baffled.
    Tresspassing--it's Chuuk-ese for "Digital Camera".

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    The '39 Ford Pickup is a whole as they say "'nother story." It was mine when my 3 girls were small. I sold it in 1989 when they were 6, 8, and 9 years old. It's the "one that got away" and I've always been sorry I sold it. Well my girls have grown and married in the mean time and also provided me with 3 grandsons so far. Well those grandson's will be 11 12 13 years old soon enough and they'll need a '39 Ford pickup to go driving in now won't they? It's an original unrestored truck and will see plenty of service on desert dirt roads. Plus.......it's photogenic.
    I knew there was a story there. Is this the truck that appears in so many of your "lens test" photos?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin