Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,390   Online: 660

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    I knew there was a story there. Is this the truck that appears in so many of your "lens test" photos?
    Not yet, but it's inevitable
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    The '39 Ford Pickup is a whole as they say "'nother story." It was mine when my 3 girls were small...
    so it's the actual truck you sold?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The '39 Ford Pickup is a whole as they say "'nother story."
    Gee Jim, it sure would look nice next to the wifes 38 Buick Special Business Coupe..it's just not at the house right now. She has a guy looking at it to do restoration on it...but what a grand old car. Even has a clock and radio in it.

Nice pictures, makes me want to find some of these old lens and give them a chance to show their stuff....will have to keep my eyes open.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    so it's the actual truck you sold?
    Yep, 16 years ago. It hasn't run in 10 or 12 but we can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    so it sure would look nice next to the wifes 38 Buick Special Business Coupe..
    Oh a '38 Buick is very nice. Whole different class.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, 16 years ago. It hasn't run in 10 or 12 but we can fix that.
    Cool!

If I had the optotunity to buy my 1st car I'd jump at it! The 2nd was an interum step, the 3rd we just sold recently! I do have a '70 car (I bought in '94) that my boys (6 & 3) think is theirs! They might be lucky and it still be around when they have licences (although we have power-to-weight laws that don't allow them to drive it until they have a full licence... and extra 3 years). A mate's brother had a mid 50's Customline when we were young... we thought it was the ant's pants!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Honestly, I sat here, mesmerized by these photos - I love your composition and exposure of the first shot. The vignetting does not bother me in this case. And imagining you (not that I have a clue of what you look like ) with a LF rig and those old lenses in that settign just seemed like something worth seeing - truly timeless. Much like, by the look of it, those "little" lenses! Made my evening!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks all for kind thoughts. Gnashings, yes, that's why I can ignore the signs, me and my camera are so decrepit that we simply blend right in

Perhaps I am not really that mad (relatively speaking) still using Voigtlander Petzvals. Well done Jim!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim, to me what you are doing and have done is what keeps me interested in photography. The old optics I am sure give thanks to you for giving them another opportunity to perform their magic. Looking forward to more posts
    from you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Webb
    Jim, to me what you are doing and have done is what keeps me interested in photography...
    Exactly! Well said! Now I'm going back to look at thos pics again!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin