Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,177   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    So Mike, did you get the organ too?!?

lol Jeremy, nope I did not get the organ..but as abonus the lens board is the same size as the B&J. So, with the 3 I already had and the one I got from you that takes the smaller boards..think I am set. Thanks
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    photomc,

Congrats and condolences. An 8x10, a lens and a film holder, there is no known cure. The quest begins.

Good luck and great fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An update on the lens..set up a shot this weekend and used the mystery lens for one shot (the lens with III.5) and the Rodenstock Geronar 210. Both lens were set to f/64 and 1 sec. The negatives look good other than the terrible scratches from a Cibachrome tank seemed like a good idea at the time...

So in spite of the scratches, the main purpose was 1. to see if I could verify the focal length - the two images are almost identical in coverage, so I am guessing the lens is a 71/2-8 inch and 2. to see if the old lens could make a decent image - it can, the other attempt with this lens flare just ate the image up...note to self avoid flare with this lens (this time I managed to shade the lens by using my boyish figure to shade the lens - ok you guys that have met me can get off of the floor now, it's not that BIG a stretch....he!he!)

Conclusion?(s) - well had originally thought that I would pass on the lens and let someone else find a use for it....but now, think I will keep working with it. Big surprise was the 210 Geronar actually covered 8x10 (and with about 11/2 inch of front rise before running out of room). So, the lens is still a mystery, but seems to belong with the camera...now to try the one marked III.4 and see what the coverage is like with it.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin