Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,267   Posts: 1,534,343   Online: 795

Shooter
    Large Format

front threads on Dagor lens

Hi.
    I recently purchased a 12" Dagor lens, which has front threads that are almost 58 mm, making it impossible to find appropriate accessories.
    Does anyone know how I can adapt this for 58mm; either by purchasing an adapter, or by having the lens re-machined?
    Thanks,
    Steven
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. If all else fails, ask skgrimes about making a push-on adapter that will accept a standard-sized filter. Machining the lens should probably be a last resort.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Dagor Front threads

Steve,

I have the exact lens. Older lens typically do not have modern day accessory thread sizes. My lens has plastic lens caps with the number 60 imprinted on the cap. No doubt because the outside dimension of the front element is 60mm, the inside dimenision meauseres 56mm. You can only hope to find a 60mm compression slip on filter holder, again not commonly found.
    For what it's worth, all my filters are series 9 with various step down rings for various lens I have. With a series 9 filter holder and a step down ring you can just carefully place on the front element so long as the camera is not tilted downward. Good luck

Shooter
    Large Format
    Would it have inch size threads? 58mm is awful close to 2.25 inches....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Best solution I have found is a Cokin filter holder with an adapter with pinch screws instead of a threaded ring.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin