Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,221   Online: 802

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    Dave, do you also intend on stopping shipments to Canada and Mexico? Technically we're international, but with the free trade agreement between the three countries, I would assume that it would be easier to ship to other 'free-trade' (whatever that means) countries.

I had no idea that outbound shipments could get held up in Custom's - never even thought about it.

Hope it works out for you in the end.
    Ken,

Actually I have as of yet, not stopped any shipments to anywhere, but for some reason, have shipments held up in customs, my full intent is to continue shipping to anyone anywhere that wants to use our screens, as I said, I should know something by this time tommorrow, hopfully!!!!

If the news is good, I will post, if it is bad, I am going to hide LOL

But no, I don't intend on stopping shippments to anywhere.

Thanks for the question.

Dave

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll stop holding my breath waiting for the GG then...

Time to find that roll of tape, and see if I can make a temporary repair on the old 9x12cm folder.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David, you could double your prices and still be competitive. Perhaps someone who already has an export license could market your product so you could turn all your attention to manufacturing and still do well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David, I hope everything will work out well in the end (although with bureaucrats you have to take your time).

Also no problem here in waiting for the GG's.

(Summertime now and I spend more time swimming and diving than photographing )
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave, it sounds like you have a tiger by the tail. I would contact my congressman or senator if at all possible. Explain that your are a "small" business and the effect regulations are having on your ability to ship products internationally. Explain that you are considering moving your business to China to avoid governmental regulations and a hostile export environment like we have in this "free" nation. This will take a couple of days, but I think you may find that $hit flows down hill in the federal scheme of things. Ask them if they really want to add to the 162 billion deficit China and others already enjoy. Then, sit back and watch the fun. tim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I haven't ordered from you but it is always smart business to let people know what is going on before they call you and further tie up your time.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    35mm
    Good Luck Dave!

Hope to hear Good News!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After reading your reply to Erics informing us about the sale of his Shen Hao on ebay and reading this thread I see no principal difference. Even if you do it in a more sophisticated way, both of you promote a business interest and if anything Eric's promoting his camera is personal and yours is pure use of the site to promote your business. I personally have a hard time when I see double moral standards to say the least. This is not to say I wouldn't like to buy your and his products and happy to know about them

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvy
    After reading your reply to Erics informing us about the sale of his Shen Hao on ebay and reading this thread I see no principal difference. Even if you do it in a more sophisticated way, both of you promote a business interest and if anything Eric's promoting his camera is personal and yours is pure use of the site to promote your business. I personally have a hard time when I see double moral standards to say the least. This is not to say I wouldn't like to buy your and his products and happy to know about them
    As a frequent contributor to this website, I do at times use it to keep my customers informed of our progress, this message was no intent to promote my product in any way, as a great many of my customers frequent this website and I have been a past advertiser on this website and have also been told by the owner of the website I can post updates as well as have my website address in my signature, I do find it completely different, and it seems many here do as well, I don't post my website address with my messages, and I don't promote my website here anylonger.

The other post was posted in a manner that would drive income away from Sean and to another website, which I would be guilty of if I did post my website link all the time, which I don't, normally it is not accepted courtisy to post an outside link to another website when your selling something, and that does not just go for this website, it is policy written or unwritten on many different websites.

Mine was purely information post, updating customers of problems that we have encountered in shipping procedures, at no time did I place a link to my website in the post to try and have people look at my products.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvy
    I see a big differeence. The difference starts with the nature of the post. One is saying "hey I posted a bunch of stuff on eBay...check it out". The underlying rudeness is annoying to say the least.

The other, comes from a very well established member. One who has made many valuable contributions to the community and incidentally, recognizes that many, many APUG members and subscribers are devoted customers. This one simply says "I'm having problems with customs and I want all my international customers to know that I'm doing all I can". Big difference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin