Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,452   Online: 938

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    I see a big differeence. The difference starts with the nature of the post. One is saying "hey I posted a bunch of stuff on eBay...check it out". The underlying rudeness is annoying to say the least.
    I agree as well. A lot of people on this site have purchase from him (including me) and some are still waiting on orders. In fact, I find that many here always purchase his glass everytime they get a new camera; he has a lot of repeat business. And, as you pointed out, Dave is a valuable member of this community, as well as a friend.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see no problem (or rather, I have no problem) with either approach.

If it's something that members/subscribers would be interested in, why does it matter whether it was listed here for a "first crack at it" or a notice to ebay... Eric didn't have to notify APUG, but thought someone here would be interested, and as it were, he was correct. It's also beneficial to know that it is an APUG member listing the item on EBAY and not an "unknown" should one of us come across the listing.

Satinsnow (Dave) benefits from this site just by having a presence. We all benefit in various ways; be it items we buy, sell, loan or info we learn, offer or inquire about. That to me is the essence of "being" here.

It wasn't tacky on Eric's part and should not have been questioned. IMMHO...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, what Brad said.
    Yes, what Robert said.

Dave,
    Hang in there, and sorry we didnt connect on my recent trip to Montana,
    beautiful state and town - by the way-

I would think that you could get some fairly quick relief do to the fact of the small pop size of your state and the accessibility of your congressmen and senators etc...

If it is addressed as hindering exports from the state of Montana I think you will get the ear of your senator quickly......Call the Kalllispel local newspaper and give them your story and the story of your company selling this specialized product etc and the problems you are having etc......

Are harmony tarrif codes involved here? Is part of the problem the country you are exporting to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is something that is being taken wrong here, Eric is no less of a part of this community that anyone else, he is a paid subscriber, and I don't think he had any malicious intent in his message, I just expressed my opinion on the posting, does not mean it is any more or any less of a valid post than any other that is posted on this system.

My opinion was stated very clearly, I just felt that it was wrong and tacky to post a message about something for sale, that directed someone to another website that would derive income off of the sale of items.

Just by viture of me using my Logo as my avatar on my postings could be construed as me trying to derive business for my glass sales.

In my way of thinking, me posting a message about problems we have or are currently having, would be more negative, than positive to my business, yes I am in the business of supplying ground glass and a substancial portion of my income derives from that business, but can't figure out, how posting a message saying we are having problems would be taken as me promoting my business?

Just my opinon and take it as such...

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dave -

To get back on point, I have had some experience with Customs on an import issue that ultimately required securing skilled attorneys. If you are interested, I would be happy to give you the name and number of one of the best groups in the country. They are not cheap but they are successful in cutting all the red tape and get things on track.

I found that this is an area of law that is not widely understood and that a poor understanding can do more harm than good.

Good Luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Dave
    Sorry to hear of your troubles with government. I recenntly emailed the same kind of enquiry only to have it turn up the next day. Its a lovelly piece of glass that fits my MPP Mk8 beautifully. To all those still waiting I don't want to add to the woes but be patient its well worth it.
    Dave, I wish you all the best with your endevers. hopefully they will see the light.
    Steve

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hello all,
    When it is time to vote, don't re=elect anybody. If the candidate did a good jog, god bless and thenks. If the candidate did a status quo job...good riddance. Too much government for the amount of real governing that occurs...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As another customer patiently waiting (for domestic shipping), thanks for keeping us informed. I own a small business myself that makes a couple of photographic products. I've just been selling through dealers (one of them in your neck of the woods) to avoid the huge paperwork of selling direct. We're the lifeblood of economy (small business) but we are treated pooring because we can't afford lobbyists (and aren't in the oil business).

Steve (just reminded I have to get two orders out to Montana on Monday)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all,

your the reason, we keep doing what we do, but I can tell you the last few weeks has been a real challenge, one of the frustrations is, you hire a lawyer, and then the lawyer can't speak the same language that you do, But we are plugging along and getting everything we can out and shipped to everybody, it always amazes me what we can accomplish, we whipped a heck of alot of orders this last week, of course for those of you waiting, I am sure it was not enough!..

My lovely wife and I spent all day getting orders ready, and she wanted to do this, inspite of the fact, today is our 18th....!

She is dedicated, as am I, and I am sorry for the delays, we are working our tails off, and I can assure you, that every single order we have received will be fullfilled..

Thanks again for all the support..

Ya'll are great people, one of these days, perhaps, some of us can get together and actually ruin some film together!

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Happy aniversary Mr. & Mrs. Dave !

Like I said, if you want a distrubutor in a Commonwealth country to help with "exports" just say the word

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin