Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,843   Online: 766

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I don't know where to post this message, but please read!

I am starting to get quite a bit of inquiries from out international customers, due to delivery times on international orders.

Please let me apprise you, of our situation, currently, I am embroiled in hearing review for our shipments to international destinations, I have been required to file a export permit application, due to our volume of international shipments and have to attend another hearing on July 5th, to determine if we qualify to export the volumes we are currently running, after wading through the quagmire of export laws, I am almost ready to throw in the towel and become a domestic shipper only, as the permit to export the volume we do, requires a very expensive permit to continue exporting our product...

This has also caused delays in our domestic shipments a bit, as many of you know, due to the time I have to spend fullfilling requirements imposed..

Please accept my sincere and BIG sorry for the delays, we are working as hard as we possibly can to get these situations taken care of, if you have a friend that has ordered screens from us, please let them know, they will get their screens as soon as I can possibly get them shipped.

Thanks again, for everyones support, you have made us the number one selling product in our market, and this seems to be one of the growing pains we are going to have to go through.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I don't know how your dilemma will turn out, but bravo to you for starting this thread to keep your non-domestic customers informed. Almost everyone appreciates being made aware of whatever complications are involved when they would otherwise be just plain frustrated. Good luck, Dave, your enterprise deserves to flourish.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, I am happy to wait patently at this end of the world for my ground glasses.

On a different note, I find it interesting that it is being made hard for you to earn export income for the US economy, shift here to New Zealand and the government will actually give you money to export stuff!!
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    Well, I don't know how your dilemma will turn out, but bravo to you for starting this thread to keep your non-domestic customers informed. Almost everyone appreciates being made aware of whatever complications are involved when they would otherwise be just plain frustrated. Good luck, Dave, your enterprise deserves to flourish.
    Thanks John!

The reason for this thread is partly because of a conversation you and I had a few months ago about the delay in your shipment.

Thanks again.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livemoa
    On a different note, I find it interesting that it is being made hard for you to earn export income for the US economy, shift here to New Zealand and the government will actually give you money to export stuff!!
    No, the US government just wants it's pound of flesh - taxes, taxes and more taxes, then add fees.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe I'd better stop running out to the letter box each morning in anticipation!

Dave, can you tell when an expected date of distribution for an order is likely to take place? I've still got my cracked piece of GG and if it's going to be 3-6mths (or whatever) I'll do something in the meanwhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Maybe I'd better stop running out to the letter box each morning in anticipation!

Dave, can you tell when an expected date of distribution for an order is likely to take place? I've still got my cracked piece of GG and if it's going to be 3-6mths (or whatever) I'll do something in the meanwhile.
    Hi Nige,

I have over 100 international orders tied up in customs now, and as I said, will be attending a hearing tommorrow to see what I can do to get them released, do unfortunatley, I have no idea, until I can really find out what I have to do to aliviate this situation, my lawyer is still trying to figure out what exactly they want to clear our shipments for delivery, hopfully I will have more information by this time tommorrow and if I do, I will be sure to post it.

Thanks, and again, I am sorry for the delays..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    no probs! updates are good!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dave, do you also intend on stopping shipments to Canada and Mexico? Technically we're international, but with the free trade agreement between the three countries, I would assume that it would be easier to ship to other 'free-trade' (whatever that means) countries.

I had no idea that outbound shipments could get held up in Custom's - never even thought about it.

Hope it works out for you in the end.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    DAve,

Thank you very much for the update. I put off ordering for so long I can wait a while longer for my order to be fulfilled. Good luck with the Feds and best wishes.

Brad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin