Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,528   Online: 856

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    YOu are right Peter, it is the bosscreen.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Bosscreen is nice until it melts; not suitable for warm climates. The Maxwell is amazing, and expensive. The Satin Snow is a beautiful ground glass at a beautiful price; a real winner.
    Steven
    Steven Nestler
    http://stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It rather surpises me that LF photographers need a bright screen; you know what you are framing, and you can use your loupe to examine the edges. You can see what you need to see a bit at at time and take your head out from underneath the cloth if you feel insecure. It ain't rocket science. Trust your experience. Bright Screens are for novices.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    It rather surpises me that LF photographers need a bright screen; you know what you are framing, and you can use your loupe to examine the edges. You can see what you need to see a bit at at time and take your head out from underneath the cloth if you feel insecure. It ain't rocket science. Trust your experience. Bright Screens are for novices.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I would have to say you are quite wrong however. Like my mother said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

Shooter
    Large Format
    I guess I have been a novice for 20 years......mercy me!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yikes, the more light on the GG the better! Besides, it's a pain having to move around under the dark cloth...

Regarding the Maxwell screen, anyone have an idea of the cost? I'm hesitant to get one, since the combination fresnel/GG that came with my Master Tech was a piece of garbage - it had quite a bow in it, and the grooves (regardless of what Bob Salomon says) are incredibly intrusive when using wide angle lenses, even with a focusable loupe. I use a SatinSnow GG right now, and I like it, but it would be nice to have some sort of fresnel that would even out illumination for the shorter focal lens lenses.

Anyone here have a Maxwell screen?
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It rather surpises me that LF photographers need a bright screen; you know what you are framing, and you can use your loupe to examine the edges.
    I would have to disagree with you, strongly. The majority of my images are taking when the light is changing fast - at or near sunrise/sunset - which means I don't often have the luxury spending 5 or 10 minutes looking through the groundglass. I just dropped a 30x40 print at the framer today, an image that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been able to quickly frame the composition - the image is in the Standard Gallery, titled "Angry Sea".
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguy
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I would have to say you are quite wrong however. Like my mother said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
    What did I say that was so objectionable? I made a simple personal observation. To say "if you don't have anything nice to say..." is just an effort to encourage mediocracy. You stepped into it. Don't blame me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I would have to disagree with you, strongly. The majority of my images are taking when the light is changing fast - at or near sunrise/sunset - which means I don't often have the luxury spending 5 or 10 minutes looking through the groundglass. I just dropped a 30x40 print at the framer today, an image that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been able to quickly frame the composition - the image is in the Standard Gallery, titled "Angry Sea".
    That makes no sense at all. You should know the frame. You can look outside of the camera/ground glass. Sorry, but I can't understand why your are so groundglass handicapped. Don't lay the blame on me. Look to yourself.

Gim

That makes no sense at all. You should know the frame. You can look outside of the camera/ground glass. Sorry, but I can't understand why your are so groundglass handicapped. Don't lay the blame on me. Look to yourself.
    I may be missing something here but under real low light conditions I would think a brighter GG would be a help to focus. I just order a Satinsnow GG for this purpose. Maybe I'm just nuts.

Jim

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin