Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,934   Posts: 1,557,028   Online: 1228

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

Last of my 8x10 film.

I am down to the last 25 sheets of 400 TMX 8x10 film. This means I will need film soon. As I am fed-up with Kodak I will be buying something else, I have shot almost everything made over the last 30 years but I want to know the following.

What film do you shoot in LF?
    Why?
    Where do you buy it?

Your opinion is appreciated.
    John
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke100 from J&C is my film of choice, but you can also look into J&C400 if you want that extra speed.

From the Apug sponsor J&C of course.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot Efke 100 almost exclusively in 8x10. It builds density beautifully, has gorgeous tonality, and for me it is the perfect companion for Azo when developed with Pyrocat-HD. I get it from J&C Photo (www.jandcphoto.com).
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dog pile on the Efke Pl 100 what everyone else has said. Great film in pyrocat hd but it is soft and you really really really have to be careful with it as if you look at it in the dark in a tray it wants to get even and scratch. If you develop in a tube or a jobo as they say in spanglish, "no hay problemo" I really like this film and j and c photo is the place to get it.

lee\c

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Everyone should try Efke 100. It is special. Looks great in Rodinal, Pyrocat, FG7, and eveything else I've put it in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham
    Everyone should try Efke 100. It is special. Looks great in Rodinal, Pyrocat, FG7, and eveything else I've put it in.
    I just got two gallons of old FG7. May I ask what time/temp you used for Efke 100?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    I just got two gallons of old FG7. May I ask what time/temp you used for Efke 100?
    If I remember right I rated 80 and used 1:15 (no sulfite) for 11 minutes with a subjerct brightness range of seven or so. But it's been awhile. Moved to rodinal and just recently Pyrocat, which I think I like the best. (I do miss using the hardening fixer with the soft emulsion though.)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Efke 100, J&C Classic 400 and stuff in yellow boxes, but you said you wanted to get away from that. Lately I've been replacing Tri-X with Classic 400 actually--similar look, better highlights, but more fragile. I usually process in ABC pyro or Acufine for speed. Experimenting with RAF Pyro-Metol for more speed with pyro effects.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always used Arista 400 (really HP-5). But because it will no longer be availabe, I recently purchased some Efke 100. Paula Chamlee had some very nice things to say about that film in one of her presentations at the LF Conference in May.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke 100, Efke 25 (flat light and not movement, time for a cup of coffee during shots), J&C 400 and Pyrocat HD along with the rest. Efke 100 is the hands down winner for tonality, expansion, contraction and all around wonderful ease of use. This stuff reall is amazing to work with.

This is either a conspiracy, mass movement, mass hypnosis or just plain good. tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin