Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,751   Online: 901

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Who's gonna put this man out of misery?

This has been on sale for weeks on the Dutch auction site: A Cambo 8x10 with accessories and pola processor. Look here.

And not one bid yet! Is there something wrong with this camera or the asking price, or is 8x10 just not a popular format in Holland? Tell me if you know something I don't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    This has been on sale for weeks on the Dutch auction site: A Cambo 8x10 with accessories and pola processor. Look here.

And not one bid yet! Is there something wrong with this camera or the asking price, or is 8x10 just not a popular format in Holland? Tell me if you know something I don't.
    I dont understand much of it, but it seems he is selling an 8x10 cambo, a 305 G claron, a reducing back and some film holders for 1,150 euro, this is way overpriced, unless of course importing the items adds a lot to the price, I dont know.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's a fair price but it's not outrageously low.

8x10" Sinar P's have been going for around $1000-1200 US lately on eBay. I paid $150 for my Polaroid setup processor and one holder (and since have bought two more holders for about $50 each). There are a few other goodies in there, like the reducing back and 4x5" Polaroid holder, and the 305mm G-claron, so it's a pretty good deal, but not off the scale.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    I dont understand much of it, but it seems he is selling an 8x10 cambo, a 305 G claron, a reducing back and some film holders for 1,150 euro, this is way overpriced, unless of course importing the items adds a lot to the price, I dont know.
    It includes a pola processor for 8x10 Polaroids. Of course it's overpriced, but on the glorious Marktplaats they have the curious bidding system where you can place bids below the starting price. So it's more of a barter than a bidding that goes on. Anyhow, most of the times people bid what they think is reasonable, but even that has not been done. Hence my surprise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I but on the glorious Marktplaats they have the curious bidding system where you can place bids below the starting price. .

It's a dutch auction-))

Shooter
    Large Format
    It includes a pola processor for 8x10 Polaroids. Of course it's overpriced, but on the glorious Marktplaats they have the curious bidding system where you can place bids below the starting price. So it's more of a barter than a bidding that goes on. Anyhow, most of the times people bid what they think is reasonable, but even that has not been done. Hence my surprise.
    Once again I dont speak Hollandaise but I thought the processor was being sold separately and was not included in the camera auction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Once again I dont speak Hollandaise but I thought the processor was being sold separately and was not included in the camera auction.
    It looks to me like 1150 for everything together and then broken down to 850 for the camera and lens, 100 for a "tandheugel statiefkop" and 350 for the polaroid stuff if you want to buy them seperately.

I possibly could use a tandheugel statiefkop if only I knew what it was. Even babelfish came up empty.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    It looks to me like 1150 for everything together and then broken down to 850 for the camera and lens, 100 for a "tandheugel statiefkop" and 350 for the polaroid stuff if you want to buy them seperately.

I possibly could use a tandheugel statiefkop if only I knew what it was. Even babelfish came up empty.
    You could be right, I dont know...OTOH better make sure what a tandheugel sttiefkop is, you migh be bidding on a burro to carry alll the stuff...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Extrapolating from German, I'd guess that a tandheugel statiefkop is a ballhead of sorts.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Extrapolating from German, I'd guess that a tandheugel statiefkop is a ballhead of sorts.
    statiefkop denotes any kind of tripod head
    tandheugel is a word as foreign to most Dutch native speakers as it is to you lot. It's not even in my DU-EN dictionary. The components are:

tand = tooth + heugel = pinion, so putting 2 and 2 together it's probably some kind of tripod head with finely meshed? pinions?

And yes, it's 1150 for all of this lot together. Paul had the correct interpretation. See, Hollandaise is not so hard to understand, especially if it involves cameras. I find Italianaise a lot easier when reading about a camera-related issue than when it concerns anything else, say politics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin